Best colour range?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanTanGlam

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts where on the colour ranges out there today! I've tried everything but can't seem to find 1 I like and I am now using all different brands of what I like from each of them and its becoming a bit of a nuisance! I use Majirel , Mask , Koleston , matrix & Schwarpzkopf. I can't seem to find 1 I like, I've also tried other brands that I wouldn't use again such as Montibello, Xp100 & rusk. Is there any other brands out there that you could recommend? Thanks :) !

Oh and I've also used Goldwell and wasn't a fan on that either.

Have you tried the wella illumina range? X

Joico is amazing have you tried them?

Have you tried the wella illumina range? X

Yeah I wasn't mad on it, just feel its the same as matrix except less colour in the tube and more costly :p

Wellas colour ID is going to be so much fun too! I think people are used to the consistency of koleston an use to much illumina product and there's where it becomes expensive

Goldwell, Davines (my current color line of choice), Joico, Tigi (if you can get past the pungent odor), are all really great lines. Loreal, Matrix and Redken are the bottom of the barrel in my opinion.

That is dependant on Illuminia, but again, I use matrix as I get the same results, more colour in the tube and its less money to buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goldwell, Davines (my current color line of choice), Joico, Tigi (if you can get past the pungent odor), are all really great lines. Loreal, Matrix and Redken are the bottom of the barrel in my opinion.

Ive just received some if the Joico veto light bleach which I'm goin to try out then maybe venture into a couple of their colours

I really like Montibello. Why would you never use again?

I really like Montibello. Why would you never use again?

I really liked the look of the colours on the shade chart and everything seemed great with them but when I put it into practice I wasn't getting the right results. The technician was going to come do a training session with me but I'm far too busy in the salon to mark half a day of to do a training day but hopefully I will get to at some point. How do you find Montibello?

I really liked the look of the colours on the shade chart and everything seemed great with them but when I put it into practice I wasn't getting the right results. The technician was going to come do a training session with me but I'm far too busy in the salon to mark half a day of to do a training day but hopefully I will get to at some point. How do you find Montibello?
I like them. They're pretty true to swatch. They smell nice for clients but wish they were bigger tubes. The grey coverage is good and reds are fab. I'll put some pics up of some colours in a min.

To get the best out of any range you'd need their training. Good luck in finding a brand you're happy with

Some brighter colours

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372313879.349873.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372313879.349873.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 832
Keune is by far the best colour range I have worked with. Used Paul Mitchell, Davines, and Wella before. Keune is a lesser known brand from Holland but the colours are PERFECT as well as being the best priced and the best company to work with. Definitely worth researching!

Well we have converted color about 3 months to Fudge and we love it loads, compact range of 84 colors, 90% organic based and rice milk protein, great coverage, shine is amazing and color is also a demi at same time.

Great support and education too and a good price, we were on Matrix but Fudge is so much better

Keune is by far the best colour range I have worked with. Used Paul Mitchell, Davines, and Wella before. Keune is a lesser known brand from Holland but the colours are PERFECT as well as being the best priced and the best company to work with. Definitely worth researching!

Hi seantanglam if you would like to know more about Keune drop me a line or go to Untitled Document
Thanks
Nick

Oh I've worked with everything.. Matrix at the moment

For semi colours I prefer wella
Blonde/caramel/honey tones I prefer loreal
And the reds I prefer matrix..

I think I'm just greedy!!! :(

I use It&ly big in the USA not so much over here but I love it

I've recently just started using ion. They use the same numbering system as l'oreal, but seem far better! You get 100ml in a tube for half the price! The colours are really true to swatch and I love their highlifts. My only criticism is that the red series isn't vibrant enough for me, so I tend to use Igora for that.

Latest posts

Back