Best facial brand on a budget?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virgi

Reaction score
Hellooo!!!! I am so excited to be here! :)

I am going to be starting up my mobile business in a couple of weeks. I have almost everything ready to go but missing a few bits.

Firstly, I am really struggling to make my mind up about which skincare products to use for facials, I have researched a lot, but unfortunately the best obviously are so expensive and as my business is really small to start with I can't afford to spend so much on just products for facials. I wanted to use SkinTruth but I am reading so many bad reviews, I was wondering what about Kaeso, Striclty Professional Or Thai by Salon System? I am really on a tight budget but I also don't want to start getting bad reputation for the products that I will be using. HELP I only have 2 weeks to go!!!!

Also I have trained for eyelashes extensions at the beauty academy, they had their own brand of lashes that I cannot find online and they are pretty expensive but cheap quality so I am thinking to switch to Eyelash Emporium. I just wanted to know how much would you price eyelashes extensions and if it is still ok for me to offer the service if I take 3hours instead of the guideline 2hours 2 1/2 hours full set?

Thanks in advance xxxx

Eve taylor do a very good mobile start up package have a search on here for reviews

Last edited:
I use thai by salon system I love it!! it smells amazing and clients always comment on this. Skin truth is something that we used at college and although it has a nice smell alot of the girls would breakout with it or find their skin hasn't improved any. I really would recommend thai. It's perfect for what your looking for ie. cheap start up costs but nice enough for clients.

Thai facial products are good ad cost effective

I use Eve Taylor (as do many geeks), I bought the mobile kit and I literally couldn't be happier. The results I get are great and the range is so professional. It is very cost friendly too. And there are no start up costs.

When I first started mobile, I used keiso. It was ok, but I needed something better. ET answered my prayers:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thank you very helpful! :)

Anyone offering eyelashes extensions treatment that can advice me???

I had a Kaeso facial on Monday and loved it, so from a not yet qualified in facials geek that is my opinion as a client :)

And yes there's lot of geeks qualified in lashes on here including me but u might want to post your question seperately as lash geeks will prob not look at this thread xx

Anyone offering eyelashes extensions treatment that can advice me???

Eve Taylor do an eye make up remover and eye gel that is safe to use with eyelash extensions.

H x

Eve Taylor do an eye make up remover and eye gel that is safe to use with eyelash extensions.

H x

Lol I didn't twig you meant facials on clients with extensions!
Good job someone's awake!! :hug:

Plus I just read your question again..oh dear what's happened to me today?! Lol
3hrs can be quite usual to begin with but I would maybe practice more before u offer it as a treatment until you get a bit quicker.
There's lots of threads on hear about getting better and quicker with lashes and lots of fab advice :)
I'm going to go for a cuppa and locate my brain!
Then I might be able to help more lol xx

Thank you everyone! I love this site it's amazing, spent 4 hours browsing and reading around the forums this evening!

I think I will be settling with Kaeso for facials at the moment as I heard so many good reviews about it. I came across Thai the other day, but before then I thought they just did products for mani and pedi and I just reviews on their facials products in this thread. But thank you anyway. I have decided as I progress I will be using eve taylor I know and heard it works wonders but it's more pricey than Kaeso.

I am going to capital hair and beauty tomorrow to see if there are any offers on facials products.

I can think a bit more clearer now. Thanks again x

Plus I just read your question again..oh dear what's happened to me today?! Lol
3hrs can be quite usual to begin with but I would maybe practice more before u offer it as a treatment until you get a bit quicker.
There's lots of threads on hear about getting better and quicker with lashes and lots of fab advice :)
I'm going to go for a cuppa and locate my brain!
Then I might be able to help more lol xx

Aw bless you!

Yes I think that is what I will do just do a couple of more sets on my mannequin head before putting it on my treatments list.

Enjoy your cuppa and thank you for the advice x

H x

that is really good to know actually! I will be using eve taylor in the near future since I have decided I wont be offering eyelashes extensions treatments until I get a bit quicker than 3hours. Thank you x

When I did my first set I took 3hrs, but it didnt take long at all to speed up, but I would say try to practice on real people as much as possible because its the things like twitchy eyes, eye waterers, high cheek bones, deep set eyes etc that make it take longer and it's all about confidence so although a head would help technique I would say get out there!!
Tell friends and family that you are currently increasing your portfolio so are doing lashes for a small fee just to cover costs. That way there's no pressure to do a full/perfect/speedy set but you get the right experience.

I think you'll find that once you get going it will come quite quickly...although I can assure you that your 3rd or 4th set will be terrible! (It's a psychological thing)

Do it! Then let us know how it went and we'll help as much as possible to get you lashing perfect :)

I've had my tea this morning! Lol xx

Latest posts

Back