Best glitters for accent nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking to do accent glitter nails with my shellac polish. can anyone recommend any glitters that work well and what is the best process to apply these? i.e base, 2 colours, glitter then top coat etc . is this correct ?
Thanks x

Magpie Beauty

Yes that's right I use lecente which are lovely & sparkly too x

Hi, usually do base coat, one coat of color, decant a bit of top coat mix in desired glitter apply, then top coat once more. It makes a smoother finish and you don't waste product. I have a cheap little brush to apply glitter.

Hi

I'm looking to do accent glitter nails with my shellac polish. can anyone recommend any glitters that work well and what is the best process to apply these? i.e base, 2 colours, glitter then top coat etc . is this correct ?
Thanks x

Hi

Thanks x

I love Lecente glitters. Really beautiful and fine. To apply, I usually do base, one or two coats of colour depending on what colour it is, and then use a small brush to dab the glitter on. I brush off any excess and then press the glitter down with my fingers so it's nice and flat before applying topcoat. x

I love Lecente! I burnish into the tacky layer of the Shellac colour and then apply a layer of clearly pink Shellac before I top coat. This protects your topcoat from the glitter and also gives a smooth finish. This way you can easily do glitter fades etc :)

Lecenté glitters are the best! There are Lecenté classes too so you can get the best from the range. I'd recommend a few of the iridescent range to start with, they will change any colour they go over [emoji4]

I have over 400 glitters [emoji15][emoji85] including the magpie full collection, many Lecenté, glitterarty, the glitter fairy and diamond glitters.
My favourite by far is Magpie. I find them much more sparkly and they are all different.
Glitterarty are also fab and I love their mixes and chunky glitters for nail art

thankyou ladies for all your replies, really helps x

Latest posts

Back