Best glue for hair extensions!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for info, anyone heard of the pre tipping using the normal squeeze tube adhesive????

I have never hear of anyone Pretipping using a tube

Could they have been using similar to Liquid Gold bonding adhesive? xx

In honesty it looked like bostik household glue in a squeeze tube and dries clear it really works for them as the bond stays in place and it doesn't shed xx

In honesty it looked like bostik household glue in a squeeze tube and dries clear it really works for them as the bond stays in place and it doesn't shed xx

Haha hmm? Never tried this but sounds odd. Don't know if it would work as you need special adhesive usually that can bond to keratin and human hair.

The adhesive goes on he xtension hair and then they are fitted using copper ring or micro rings. Extensions are a minefield as I am finding out xx

Hi

I have had exactly the same problems.

Reading back up the thread I saw the comments about keratin.
As already said, keratin is not an adhesive, in fact keratin adhesive doesn't usually contain any keratin at all.

It is how it is worded that makes us read it incorrectly....
Keratin adhesive...this means adhesive that bonds to keratin (the protein in hair)

Think of it along these lines....

Wood glue does not contain wood
Paper glue does not contain paper
Keratin glue does not contain keratin

Hope this makes sense!

Unfortunately, even some stockists have got the wrong end of the stick, and they will now put keratin etc when it should say keratin adhesive.

Anyway, back on topic.

I have tried all sorts, including polyamide, but I didn't get on with it at all.

I just ordered some "Italian keratin granules" (should say adhesive!) from Foxy hair and I must say that it is the best i've tried. It's the only thing I order from them which makes it more expensive on delivery, but in my opinion it's worth it. I melt it in a heating pot then roll with silicone mats.

It rolls to make pre-tips really easily and is rock hard! It doesn't shed either.

I've tried some in my own hair and in my sisters and it's been great. I finally made it shed my putting loads of loreal vitamino conditioner on and letting it soak in (part of my test), but even then they only shed and didn't come out.

They don't crumble with remover quite as well as standard "keratin adhesive" does but they still remove pretty easily.

Hope this helps!

Sarah

Hi Sarah I have come across this thread and I am very interested in your post as I find foxy bonds to be the best strength wise and I want to use the bonds for my premium range but at a loss on how to tip to be honest. I don't suppose you could pm me some advise as this brand is one I am likely to use for the nail tips?

I must say, foxy's keratin is the best I've used. I love it. It's so strong and easy to work with, perfect for my clients with very oily hair! Wish I could get them in sticks! X

Hi Denise i would like to say thanks fir given me details about wefts. i spoke with both dianne and jason paul.

i have a client coming up who u have persuaded to try diannes remy weft in 1b.

Jason is very pleasant and professional on phone. i have ordered his glue gun with small nozzle which comes with glue.

have you used his glue?

i have a regular client nxt week who has tasha jacks platinum blonde russian hair micro ringed 18inch. this is her 3rd maintenance appoint on which i will b taken all the hair out as she wants a full head foils on her roots. i am scared some of the keratin will come away once i remove the small rings as i moved a few about on her last appointment. would u recommend i use jason paul gun to tip if need b myself. or use a pot.
also the gram is only 0.4 or 0.5 from tasha the hair is very fine pieces.

thanks once again sorry its so long

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Hi
Yes use the adhesive gun with the slow flow nozzle to it the hair

I have used his adhesive and hundreds of other adhesives from different suppliers and Jason Paul's is the same adhesive as what I buy from my suppliers.

His Russian hair is amazing I have purchased.

umm very tempted to try it. have you used his uzbezitisan range (sorry spelt wrong) and are they much differences between russian and the other hair.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Yeah that was the one I tried I also tried his Chinese hair aswell and that's good,

Latest posts

Back