Best hair color line for pinks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitlinmarie622

Reaction score
What color lines have the most vibrant pink? Right now I'm using goldwell elumen and it's fading really fast! I know all pinks will fade fairly quick, but what can I use that won't fade as fast?

Pravana do nice vivid colors.

Have you tried the colour lock with elumen? I've not found anything that holds better than elumen and lock for my own and my daughters hair.

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Fudge do some great colors, either in there pemanent range and then there semi range too, and very good at fade resistancy too

I like the rasberry ripple its a beabd called blast I think from alan howard x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Brand*

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Has anybody got a picture? I'm looking for a vibrant pink for a client in a couple of weeks 😊

I had elumen pink flashes, I was stuck with it for nearly 2 years because it just wouldn't lift, had it cut out eventually.

Wella koleston 0/65 is amazimg! You can use it on its on for a vibrant, deep pink or mix it with different ratios of 10 for different shades of pink. Always gives an even result, I love Wella!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wella koleston 0/65 is amazimg! You can use it on its on for a vibrant, deep pink or mix it with different ratios of 10 for different shades of pink. Always gives an even result, I love Wella!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have you got a picture? I'm looking for a hot pink. My client has had 0/65 before but has complained it come out purple xx

I've had the PK@all Elumen before and the only part of my hair it would fade from was the overly sensitised parts. What's the condition of the hair like?

There is a prepare lotion which can be applied for even results and the lock should always be used after (unless toning) and left on for the correct time.

As the other poster said the Pk@all was a pain to get out so I am surprised it fades as quickly as you say.

The Elumen remove DOES NOT take the colour out completely unless it has been freshly applied it is a REDUCER ie it fades the colour

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408225014.652242.jpg

I'm a sucker for directions (this was Cerise over prelightened hair after 2 washes) when looking for vibrant, crazy colours, though the toner possibilities as someone mentioned in wella are endless!

I love the adore semi perm colours I use the pinks and purples and find the amazing but I do tend to leave them on few a couple of hours to really sink in and stain the hair. I've also found that using a good colour shampoo I've found kerastase chrome Riche balm helps lock in colour and no colour bleeds when washed xx

Nothing is more permanent than elumen.

If your hair is knackered it is negatively charged so Elumen will repel not attract.

Prepare will help to even the charges out make Elumen stick better.

Also make sure you use the Lock and there is retail to use too.

Fanola half violet additive half neutral works awsome gives more fushia or 5g red to 29g neutral gives vibrant 0/65 pink or you can do 2g red additive 20g neutral gives a pastel pink. All last for ages I dont normally have to refresh till the second appoitment in 12 weeks. Fade on tone so dont go weird colours only lighter shades of the tone.

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

Have you got a picture? I'm looking for a hot pink. My client has had 0/65 before but has complained it come out purple xx

Ok so the girl on the left had highlights before which were a base 10, which had been built up, and was quite golden. we used keleston 30ml 10/0 +30ml 0/65 + 120ml pastel. The girl on the right had her hair lightened all over and pure 0/65 mixtone put on top.

Hope this helps x

Attachments

• 1408299383973.jpg
    1408299383973.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 118
Ok so the girl on the left had highlights before which were a base 10, which had been built up, and was quite golden. we used keleston 30ml 10/0 +30ml 0/65 + 120ml pastel. The girl on the right had her hair lightened all over and pure 0/65 mixtone put on top.

Hope this helps x

Not as vibrant as she'd like it but that's a great tip for future use! Thanks 😄 xx

What about the colour in between the blue? Þhis is a ombre I did a while ago

What about the colour in between the blue? Þhis is a ombre I did a while ago

Attachments

• 1408350088043.jpg
    1408350088043.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 85
Even semis like adore and directions can last ages if you understand how they work, ive just had adore aquamarine in my hair for 5 weeks washing almost every day and it still had at least another 2 or 3 weeks left of vibrancy, that stuff does not come out!
I much prefer using semis than permanent colour as a toner for fashion colours. If someone wants to commit to pink for a while using a semi is a much gentler way to keep the tone refreshed, and you dont keep opening up the cuticles like you would with an oxidising toner! You advise the client to use sulfate free shampoo, wash hair in lukewarm water as little as possible and stay away from hairspray and straighteners if they want the colour to stay. The thing about using your standard semis is that when clients want a change they are a bit easier to remove than eleumen. You just have to make sure you arent using semis with undertones like crazy colour, directions is much better for not fading super dodgey, but again with some of the blues they can do that. I always use different colours from different brands as some shades are better than others.

Latest posts

Back