Best methods for achieving a really even full head bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faerififi

Reaction score
So in the absence of any further training that i can get my hands on at uni (waiting on affinage to bring out some more colour courses at my wholesalers, they're being long about it), I have signed up to myhairdressers and that's got me wondering about full head bleaches.

Its the technique I find hardest to get an even outcome every time, especially on darker hair. I want to be able to get a perfect full head bleach to pale yellow without having to rely on more opaque toners to hide any discrepancies of uneven lifting. On the myhairdressers tutorial they were using 9% on base 6 hair which i know shouldn't really happen.

I'd quite like some tips on what everyone does in their full head bleaching to achieve the perfect level of lightness.
Thanks

Its been years since I've coloured all from brown to really light blonde.
Its been gradual with highlights then they've switched to a full head.
If i remember rightly you do mid lengths and ends first then roots last (as more heat from the scalp)
I think the end result really depends on the product you use. I use Loreal platine infini and never have to use more than 20vol xx

What im really on about is avoiding banding at the roots. I dont do many full head bleaches but the few i do the clients started coming every 4 weeks and that was great because the heat from the scalp was close enough to lift the roots up properly. Since then they wait anything up to 8 weeks which isnt ideal. I do start applying bleach to the roots furthest from the scalp first, then go back and reapply onto the roots nearest the scalp to try and avoid banding. It still sometimes means theres a slight colour difference.

What im really on about is avoiding banding at the roots. I dont do many full head bleaches but the few i do the clients started coming every 4 weeks and that was great because the heat from the scalp was close enough to lift the roots up properly. Since then they wait anything up to 8 weeks which isnt ideal. I do start applying bleach to the roots furthest from the scalp first, then go back and reapply onto the roots nearest the scalp to try and avoid banding. It still sometimes means theres a slight colour difference.

What do you mean you apply to roots furthest from the scalp first?? Roots are on the scalp... Lol x

What do you mean you apply to roots furthest from the scalp first?? Roots are on the scalp... Lol x

I understan this. I have a bleach and tone client that has a bit too much growout where Ive had to apply to the lower part of the root first.

I understan this. I have a bleach and tone client that has a bit too much growout where Ive had to apply to the lower part of the root first.

Ohh I get you now haha, sorry didn't understand what you'd first put lol x

I use the sassoons method for full head bleach. Sectioning the whole head in back to back slices and applying to the lengths and ends with 3 or 6 % dont fold foils just lay section then foul then section. Lift to yellow. Mix bleach and 3 or 6% again and apply to roots removing the foils as you go and reapply to ends and emulsify together. Develop until pale yellow throughout. ;-)

Thats helpful i may try that next time I have to do a fullhead bleach, not just roots. I guess the foils keep the heat in like in highlights and provide a better lift?

Thats helpful i may try that next time I have to do a fullhead bleach, not just roots. I guess the foils keep the heat in like in highlights and provide a better lift?

Yes and also helps with a thoroughly application on the lengths and ends... ;)

Latest posts

Back