Best nail glitter for foil effect?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Perfection

Reaction score
I have created a lovely foil, (metallic) finish on shellac using a turquoise glitter. The problem is I cant remember where I got this glitter it was years ago. I would like to create a metallic effect using other colours and was looking for recommendations and possibly any pics?

Attachments

• 10991253_1073141242711229_1190401759160842574_n.jpg
    10991253_1073141242711229_1190401759160842574_n.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 191
Can I recommend Lecentè glitter/foils? Have a look on Sweet Squared website.

You can also create other effects by using the CND Additives.

Definitely try Lecenté from Sweet Squared

H x

As above ^.....but I also buy glitters from smiley on eBay which are great ...I find if I sprinkle them on top they give the rockstar finish but if I burnish them they give the foil metallic look x

As above ^.....but I also buy glitters from smiley on eBay which are great ...I find if I sprinkle them on top they give the rockstar finish but if I burnish them they give the foil metallic look x

Diamond Girl I don't know what 'smileys' are but ALWAYS shy away from FleaBay as a professional. I can tell you that the Lecente glitters are outstanding AND a more importantly they are created for the nail industry and are designed to be used on nails. There IS a difference believe it or not and it is important not only to the nail pro but for your customer. They are at a great price point so if you just want to try one... Give it a go and see what so many love about Lecente... And their team who are all supper Glitter knowledgable.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445683290.708567.jpg
there are some of my Lecenté glitters and turquoise holographic is top 2nd on the left. It's stunning! Well they all are and I'm addicted to buying them lol. Sorry it's not a close up pic but if you'd like one I can take one later and post it X

Diamond Girl I don't know what 'smileys' are but ALWAYS shy away from FleaBay as a professional. I can tell you that the Lecente glitters are outstanding AND a more importantly they are created for the nail industry and are designed to be used on nails. There IS a difference believe it or not and it is important not only to the nail pro but for your customer. They are at a great price point so if you just want to try one... Give it a go and see what so many love about Lecente... And their team who are all supper Glitter knowledgable.

I do understand what you are saying and as a professional I only buy professional products as a rule....And I wouldn't generally recommend buying products as such from eBay ....i do have lecente glitters and the glitters I use from eBay are not craft glitters as I know craft glitter is known to contain allergens such as nickel and cobalt chloride which is not suitable for nails where as the glitters I buy do not contain these but thankyou as I didn't explain this properly in my post and obviously I wouldn't want someone to buy the wrong glitter X

Magpie glitters are amazing! I'm slightly in love with them x

Another vote for lecente glitters and foils, they are so versatile and super easy to work with xx

Hi, I have this glitter (if not very very similar) and it was from Glitter Express. They usually do the beauty shows.

I love Lecente too but also bought some Ink glitters from Olympia which are amazing.

Thank you ladies x

Latest posts

Back