Best place for nail foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisaeustace

Reaction score
Hi ladies need some advice were do you think is the best place for nail foils to use on top of shellac? X

I have Irresistible foils purchased through Sweet Squared but I also have stix2 and other foils that I bought from ebay.

Steph xx

I bought my foils and glitters from S2 also :)

I buy my foils from S2 and eBay.

I use a great seller on eBay pmd07. Great foils. And good price too. Free post.

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1391447594904.jpg
    1391447594904.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 279
I use a great seller on eBay pmd07. Great foils. And good price too. Free post.

Yes I use this seller also and they are fab foils x

Well I'm breaking the mould here, I buy good quality kitchen foil and make my own squares.

A tip is to fold and tear, rather than cut, that way they all separate as soon as you make the tear. If you cut, the scissors kind of weld the pieces together and you then have to go through and tear off each one.

This way I have some a bit smaller, some a little larger, and some different sizes or rectangular for toes too.

Thank you ladies I'll buy for both :) x

Well I'm breaking the mould here, I buy good quality kitchen foil and make my own squares.

A tip is to fold and tear, rather than cut, that way they all separate as soon as you make the tear. If you cut, the scissors kind of weld the pieces together and you then have to go through and tear off each one.

This way I have some a bit smaller, some a little larger, and some different sizes or rectangular for toes too.

Are you talking bout removal or foil for nail art ? X

Are you talking bout removal or foil for nail art ? X

It has to be for removal. You can't use kitchen foil for nail art,just wouldn't work :p

It has to be for removal. You can't use kitchen foil for nail art,just wouldn't work :p

The OP was asking about foils for nail art! Hee hee! 😋

Hi, can I ask how you apply nail foils? Or if there's a course to go on? Thanks

Hi zeze, if using normal polish, do your coat and dry then use foil glue and brush on a very thin even coat, it looks milky, once it's dry it's clear, then take your piece of foil and place colour side up and gently press ,I use a cosmetic cotton bud to rub all way around as it sticks to the nail the plastic backing will come away leaving the foil on the nail. Now ready to top coat but don't use a quick dry one as they tend to wrinkle the foil so just a normal top coat. Quickly and gently float the top coat over the foil to avoid wrinkling and dragging. If your using gel polish then once you have cured you can apply the foil to the tacky layer ( without using foil glue) better results with foil glue though. 😊

Thanks Mrs Turner, I'll have to have a go! xxx

Latest posts

Back