Best portable card reader for low use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you take over the phone payments with izettle? I know you can with world pay zinc

I'm just starting out with Handepay. There is a monthly fee (for the rental of the device) but costs per transaction are the lowest around I've seen anywhere & the customer service is excellent. No set up costs or upfront charges either. First three months are free and your minimum billing amount is only £10! Check them out if u think they might be an option. Think u get a small discount if insured with BABTAC too...x

I have the Paypal reader. It is fantastic, really easy to use. I did the whole verification thing with them (passport, utility bills, the lot!) so as soon as a client pays it is in my paypal account ready to withdraw instantly to my bank. Also was cheaper to get the reader through the Paypal here app.

Can you take over the phone payments with the paypal reader?

I'm just starting out with Handepay. There is a monthly fee (for the rental of the device) but costs per transaction are the lowest around I've seen anywhere & the customer service is excellent. No set up costs or upfront charges either. First three months are free and your minimum billing amount is only £10! Check them out if u think they might be an option. Think u get a small discount if insured with BABTAC too...x

What's the rental and the cost per transaction?

Well as I'm mobile I'll need a GPRS terminal so I'll be paying £20 a month rental. If you need a counter top one only it's cheaper (£10) and if u need a portable one it's £16 I think. First 3 months will be free though. Costs per debit card transaction is 15p and credit cards are 1.28% (which u could really add into your prices so the client is paying the charges...if u wanted to!) They do also do a pay-as-u-go one where u pay an upfront cost of £99 for the device & then a flat rate of 2.5% per transaction. No set up fees or anything. If u want I can give u the name & number of the guy I spoke to...was really helpful :) x

Have just downloaded the paypal here app...you have the option of getting a reader as you described but you can also use paypal without, and can take payments over the phone too which is great. And the client doesn't even need a paypal acc. They just receive an invoice on the spot and pay there and then.
I'm having issues with some cancellations so wanted the option of payment upfront, so all I need do is take their email and hey presto they receive it whole I'm on the phone and complete payment within few mins. This is completely free, with some transaction charges for a credit card

Well as I'm mobile I'll need a GPRS terminal so I'll be paying £20 a month rental. If you need a counter top one only it's cheaper (£10) and if u need a portable one it's £16 I think. First 3 months will be free though. Costs per debit card transaction is 15p and credit cards are 1.28% (which u could really add into your prices so the client is paying the charges...if u wanted to!) They do also do a pay-as-u-go one where u pay an upfront cost of £99 for the device & then a flat rate of 2.5% per transaction. No set up fees or anything. If u want I can give u the name & number of the guy I spoke to...was really helpful :) x

Thank you, was just comparing to sumup which I use already but think I'll stick with it as for the amount of transactions I take on card, I pay between 8-12£ a month :)

What are the charges etc for sumup?

1.95% on all transactions. I didn't pay for my reader or any other fees so for the amount I take on card works out to be cheap for me

I agree. Handepay are very good. My line rental is £10+vat, 15p debit card and 23p credit card, 1.5% American express. Far cheaper for me than any of the other card readers on a % only basis. But mine is a static reader not mobile. I have just changed from sumup which were also very good for what I wanted at the time.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can't take over the phone payments with izettle. Someone earlier asked about this.

The only thing I am missing with izettle chip & pin mobile card reader, is the ability to give a receipt. I currently give a hand written one if the client wants one, most of my clients are older and don't really use email. Wish they would, it would make life so much easier.

I don't really want to get a printer for the salon, just to give out the odd receipt, I know they are cheap, but giving a whole sheet of paper just for a receipt is a bit silly.

If I can get a cheap second hand small receipt printer that is Bluetooth, then I will. Brand new ones are £200+. If anyone knows of somewhere I can get one, please let me know.

Latest posts

Back