Best product for weak, thin, peeling nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennyattheloft

Reaction score
Hi all

I ve been a beauty therapist/nail tech for 10 yrs now and I've yet to find the perfect product for my own nails! My nails are so thin, weak and peel constantly. They get no length on as they catch and rip. I have thyroid problems and I'm sure that's why.

I've trice gelish, shellac, brisa lite and get max 4 days before chipping! I'm left with acrylic or silk extensions only (gels lift).

Any idea what I should try next? I'm looking to get a product into the salon for people like me. Should I try IBX ? Does it work? Jessica Geleration? Please help xx

IBX will help x

Try Horse Power by Butter - London

Sorry....pressed send to quick....horse power by Butter can be found at ULTA and works great on natural nails that are peeling, weak and thin...it helps ur nails grow strong...check it out :)

I find IBD builder gel is really good! I love it and all the IBD products really strong and hard wearing xoxo

Great thank you. I have a friend who does a IBX so I ll try that first and see how I get on x

Great thank you. I have a friend who does a IBX so I ll try that first and see how I get on x

IBX is good. Its not a miracle product however lol and you will need several treatments to feel a real difference. But once its in your nails, its in there and cannot be removed with nail varnish remover etc, and by going for regular treatments to maintain, you can be sure that eventually your whole nail will be imbued with the IBX product.

I have used it on many clients and they are pleased. The ones with really awful nails saw a difference quicker than the rest!

So its very different to a gel product, which does nothing to change your actual nail but simply sits on top. x

If you wish to try Flexiglaze we are to get a 3 gram size in the next 2 weeks, a great way to trial.

The thickness of the nail produced is determined by the matrix, which produces the nail keratin. It can be affected by health, but for people who always had thin nails there is no miracle cure. Massaging the matrix to increase blood flow can increase speed of nail growth and it's the only known way to do this. Simply apply cuticle oil several times a day over the cuticle area and rub well in.

As the natural nail can't be made thicker, the only solution is to use some form of enhancement to protect it. The problem then is that you need a gel/acrylic/gel polish etc that is flexible enough to move with the thin nail. If the material is too hard it will lift.

I may have a gel that will help. I don't want to advertise on this forum so send me a PM with your address and I will mail you a free sample. It's helped other customers with difficult nails before (one had tried 16 different acrylics and gels), so maybe there's a chance. Only thing I ask is that you give me feedback and photo the results :biggrin:

Thank you :) What's flexiglaze?

Sounds interesting Bob!

Sorry, Bob ... Not often I need to add to what you have to say, but although it may not be possible to make the natural nail naturally thicker, but it certainly is possible with IBX, to add a stronger infrastructure to the natural nail giving it more strength, flexibility and durability.

Actually .. IBX IS a miracle product and the only one of its kind in the world. Ibx works in the nail .. Not on top of it. Two little bottles that will change your life as a nail technician and for 'peanuts'. Add some infrastructure instead of a coating on the top. IBX is a game changer for the industry that every nail technician needs to offer.

Be an 'early adopter' instead of someone who is 'late to the party'. You will be glad you did. Seldom do we get an opportunity to offer a new service that costs next to nothing to subscribe to. Home - IBX Nails by Famous Names | Professional Nail Strengthener

Would you recommend IBX if the smoothing gel didn't help. I have a client who used to go to a NSS nail bar and her nails are in a terrible condition. I tried the smoothing gel but shes texted me after a week to say one had lifted and part of another nail had come away. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Would you recommend IBX if the smoothing gel didn't help. I have a client who used to go to a NSS nail bar and her nails are in a terrible condition. I tried the smoothing gel but shes texted me after a week to say one had lifted and part of another nail had come away. X

I would recommend IBX followed by the smoothing gel. IBX is formulated for use prior to wearing gel or UV cured polishes etc.

I would recommend IBX followed by the smoothing gel. IBX is formulated for use prior to wearing gel or UV cured polishes etc.

Thank you for your advice, I shall be investing in IBX. x

Last edited:
Thank you I will definitely invest in ibx :) Can you use a minx heat lamp and uv combined or do you need LED? X

Latest posts

Back