Best products for damaged hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mishmash898

Reaction score
Hi guys. I could do with your help!! What would you recommend to help build bleach hair up?? I've got a couple of clients that have recently gone from black to a blonde, yep it's bin challengeing but after a few sessions we have got their, but their hairs not the best I've given it a rest in-between but I want a really gud product they can use to put some goodness back into it if anything thanks x

Redken extreme products. Worked wonders for me x

Yes if you haven't done so yet invest in Olaplex. It's a bond builder internally for the hair. A new and great revolution for our industry. Since everything we do breaks the bonds being able to relink them has made hair healthier, color last longer, stays Shiney. I won't do hair workout it.

Olaplex doesn't actually rebuild the disulfide bond, because nothing ever can. It's basically acting like a huge band aid for the hair. If there were level one and you lifted them you had the hairs undertone come out which calls for post pigment. Applying the lightener then post pigment is opening up the cuticle and applications after applications will cause the cuticle to swell so much to where it won't be able to absorb pigment. Depending on the porosity elasticity and texture of there hair products will be different.
Thats entirely incorrect. Olaplex is a single active ingredient with two reactive ends that finds single sulfur hydrogen bonds and cross links them together therefore creating new disulfide bonds. Our chemistry has 8 worldwide patents that will be finalizing shortly. In regards to the actual chemistry itself, Olaplex only repairs and links these bonds as a very complicated, but simple chemistry.

When these disulfide bonds are broken, in a chemical equilibrium, oxygen reacts 50% of the time and links back together in a perfect pair. However, the other 50% of the time, the sulfur hydrogen attaches to three oxygen molecules. Sulfur combines and forms new cluster which is SO3, otherwise known as a sulfate group. This eventually creates cystic acid which eats protein out of the hair.

If you break bonds or reduce hair, half of the bonds you break without Olaplex are always going to attract three oxygen molecules and turn into a sulfate group. Olaplex intervenes by coupling with sulfur hydrogn bonds faster than the three oxygens can find sulfur hydrogen bonds and form sulfate groups. This creates more bonds in the hair because when we put linkage between sulfur hydrogen bonds, whether we are interrupting good or bad, we are putting more of a bond hence bond multiplier. This creates more mass.

Olaplex itself is not a temporary bandaid. Keep in mind, this will not make hair invincible. When you use Olaplex as a treatment or in your service, you will maintain and restore the integrity of hair. However, hair is also not going to react any different as these bonds can and will be broken again via thermal and mechanical styling in addition to chemical services. You are not doing more long term damage by increasing your developer as Olaplex is mitigating damage during the process. As these bonds are being broken, Olaplex is working to cross link them back together during the process. These bonds are just as strong as before, but they will still react the same in regards to being broken again via these services. When these bonds are broken, they do not just disappear from the hair. They float as single sulfur hydrogen bonds. As such, Olaplex is effective as a treatment as it finds these single bonds and cross links them back together.

Latest posts

Back