Best stain remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minniemouse

Reaction score
Does anyone else get really annoyed by those telltale colour stains around clients hairline. I know if its a dark tint and there is a lot of white hair at the hairline, some staining is unavoidable but it looks terrible! Is there any miracle stain remover out there that colourists are using??

Roux Clean Touch is very good.
Some hairdressers even use it to remove color build up on porous lengths and ends.

:)

Wella has a stain remover that is pretty decent :) xxx

Tint removes tint on skin so rub around the hairline just before it's due to be washed off :)

I must say I've had stain remover for 2 years! Not used a drop I emulsify colour before washing off x

I rub around the hairline but it doesn't seem to help? Am I missing something?

I rub tint around hairline too but still left with some staining esp if 4 or 5

It comes down to brand sometimes, or actually a lot of my ladies use oil of olay, which seems to repel colour from the skin Completly!

Or you can put vaseline around the hairline before applying colour and making sure not to get it in the hair. Emulsifying usually gets rid of it for me, unless it's black and then I'll use the vaseline :)

Get a sponge (packs of 3 large ones at £1 shops) and cut out a cube, dampen and use that to rub around the hairline if emulsifying doesn't normally work. Or the leftover tint rubbed in with cotton wool then washed off. Xoxo

Rubbing the hairline works for me, however with crazy colors I use denman color remover!!!! The wips are brilliant stops the staining on the skin xo

Latest posts

Back