Best straighteners?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 71008

Reaction score
Hello every one,
Want some advice on which best straighteners to purchase i have mid length and curly thick hair and i have GhD mk4 and recently come to my attention they only go to 190 degrees which shocked me as i thought they went higher and to be honest they've never really kept my hair straight I've also had them 7years so thought its about time for some new ones am i best going for higher heat or ones with different plates etc? X

Hello every one,
Want some advice on which best straighteners to purchase i have mid length and curly thick hair and i have GhD mk4 and recently come to my attention they only go to 190 degrees which shocked me as i thought they went higher and to be honest they've never really kept my hair straight I've also had them 7years so thought its about time for some new ones am i best going for higher heat or ones with different plates etc? X

Corioliss and diva straighteners are fab they get super hot x

I have cloud nine and prefer them to GHD.

Corioliss and diva straighteners are fab they get super hot x

Had a look at diva they seem to go to same temperature as Ghds but i know corioliss go higher on certain ones i'll have a look at them as i know salon services have go sale on, thanks hun x

Had a look at diva they seem to go to same temperature as Ghds but i know corioliss go higher on certain ones i'll have a look at them as i know salon services have go sale on, thanks hun x

Diva go to 230? X

Hotter isn't necessarily the best thing! Hair starts to decompose at about 233 degrees ... For this reason I prefer ghds which get to 185 xx

Hotter isn't necessarily the best thing! Hair starts to decompose at about 233 degrees ... For this reason I prefer ghds which get to 185 xx

Thats the thing my hair isn't keeping straight what so ever so i don't think using Ghds on mine are beneficial even when bought them brand new they wasn't really straightening x

Maybe different product would help. I have thick hair and find fizz ease 3 day straight works well for me!

I've just got the Joico styler! And it's amazing!!! Deffo worth a try!!

I never even put straighteners up to the highest setting. But they need to be hot enough to get it pin straight x

I would suggest a corioliss c1 or c3 (mid price range)their grate on thick curly hair but also a set of decent products to help maintain the straight hair, if it's very thick use a decent grade oil after shampooing & blowdry in with a brush a product designed for straightening hair, my fave at the mo is goldwell flat marvel & the osis version of the same product soft & straight is fab too, I've just bought in a new product also From goldwell called satin guard which keeps humidity out so the hair stays frizz less for longer (awaiting confirmation of how well it works at the mo) I definatley would recomend a decent lot of products & a good haircare routine rather than just the hottest straightners

Yeah i used different types of Amargan oil osmo and highton but theyre not really cutting it so going go back to warehouse to see what other brands they got, as for other products i use omso straightening spray x

Oh only brush i use daily is my denman brush i have got round keratin brush though x

What's the condition of you hair like? Loreal Mythic Oil Seve Protectrice us amazing, it smoothes, conditions and protects from heat styling in one x

At the moment its abit dry with me not having it cut for about 9 weeks but thats getting sorted this week and ive noticed since been pregnant my hair does dry on ends after 3 weeks so i laid off the straighteners for ages and its usually left curly and down or tied up, but when it is straight i like it really straight and last a night at least not walk out of door and boom frizz lol xx

At the moment its abit dry with me not having it cut for about 9 weeks but thats getting sorted this week and ive noticed since been pregnant my hair does dry on ends after 3 weeks so i laid off the straighteners for ages and its usually left curly and down or tied up, but when it is straight i like it really straight and last a night at least not walk out of door and boom frizz lol xx

Ah see sometimes the issue lies with the condition but being pregnant my not help, be careful not to over style as your hair may be a little brittle at the moment. Loads of conditioning treatments and some nice nourishing shampoo teamed with the right styling products will work wonders when you're straightening your hair hun. Xxx

Ah see sometimes the issue lies with the condition but being pregnant my not help, be careful not to over style as your hair may be a little brittle at the moment. Loads of conditioning treatments and some nice nourishing shampoo teamed with the right styling products will work wonders when you're straightening your hair hun. Xxx

Yeah I'm using a reconstructed conditioners which is starting to help but not sure what shampoos to use wella is off the cards as my scalp gets irritated by it so i'm looking for more nourishing one on thursday i cant decide what products to use sprays, fluid or serums?, definitely using armagen oil as my hair is naturally curly so it tames the frizz but i'm finding it's not nourishing hard to explain xxx

Yeah I'm using a reconstructed conditioners which is starting to help but not sure what shampoos to use wella is off the cards as my scalp gets irritated by it so i'm looking for more nourishing one on thursday i cant decide what products to use sprays, fluid or serums?, definitely using armagen oil as my hair is naturally curly so it tames the frizz but i'm finding it's not nourishing hard to explain xxx

Honestly look up Seve Protectrice by serie expert L'Oreal ... It's just what you're looking for and maybe the absolut repair shampoo xxx

Will do thanks hun x

Latest posts

Back