Best straightners for thick hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
hi all.

i used to have CHI straightners which i used on clients and as well as myself buy they broke and now cant get the original ones i had.

i use babyliss now on clients but not that good on my hair.

i have mixed asian and carribean hair my hair isnt extremely thick but i have quite alot of hair i dont know what hair straightner is good at the moment.

i have been told to try the ghd gold (i think its called) but its supposed to be made for thicker hair types and is wider then the rest...:confused:

does anyone have any recommendations?

i find ghd's the best for thick hair although all straightners do damage :)

GHD went down with the Titanic...move to cloud 9 there are ace!!

GHD went down with the Titanic...move to cloud 9 there are ace!!

i have never heard of cloud 9 .. i had a quick peek at their site and they seemd to have quite good reviews .. it doesnt ay what the temperature is on them though

Last edited:
i have never heard of cloud 9 .. i had a quick peek at their site and they seemd to have quite good reviews .. it doesnt ay what the temperature is on them though

They range from 100 to 205 I normally use them on 150 180

I have had my GHD's around 8 years and they are still going strong.

I have very thick, curly hair and they work like a treat. Great investment if you ask me!

yeah ive the same ghd years and it works wonders still , I've always found them the best! 230 degrees ....they dont go out of date :)

yeah ive the same ghd years and it works wonders still , I've always found them the best! 230 degrees ....they dont go out of date :)

GHD 230 degrees are u sure? I found online it only go up to 180

Im with blue,cloud 9 are amazing!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

230 degrees if you wan to fry your hair, lol.

Yep, Cloud nine all the way. Work brilliantly on lower temperatures. The fact you can adjust the temp to suit the hair is a major bonus.

Also, you'll find newer ghd's are pretty poor quality these days.

Ghd only heat upto 195...would you cook a chicken on 230!! no so why your hair! and yes if your lucky enough to have a pair from almost 10 years ago they were good, well that's now what cloud9 are!

Sorry to hijack your thread :eek:

I am looking towards retailing cloud 9s & set up a account are they really that good? ;)

Sorry to hijack your thread :eek:

I am looking towards retailing cloud 9s & set up a account are they really that good? ;)

They are good! I'm phoning them in the morn as the have done great offers currently x

I got an amazing deal from them last week. Excellent product and excellent customer service.

I got an amazing deal from them last week. Excellent product and excellent customer service.

Ohh tell me more ;) PM if its easier x

i was looking at the complete styling kit for just under £200

Ghd only heat upto 195...would you cook a chicken on 230!! no so why your hair! and yes if your lucky enough to have a pair from almost 10 years ago they were good, well that's now what cloud9 are!

I had no idea GHD's aren't so good anymore. If my GHD's ever conk out I'll check out Cloud9.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Ok so ordered ghd gold max styler yesterday as on the website says its good for thick hair. so should get it today !

I hate the new ghd's no where near as good as they used to be! I'm a cloud9 lover too now, I just need the wands and ill have the whole range lol xx

Latest posts

Back