Best tips for flatter nail beds and nail bitters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookieface

Reaction score
Hi could someone advise on the best tips for the above

Many thanks

I use Velocity tips from CND for all nail biters. they flatten out beautifully without splitting yet they also have a beautiful curve for those with higher C curves. Velocity tips also blend in minutes like a dream.

Thanks I will give them a go :), its so difficult to find decent tips to flat nail beds/nail bitters!

Thanks I will give them a go :), its so difficult to find decent tips to flat nail beds/nail bitters!
you will not be disappointed I promise.

Geeg these tips are awesome!!!!!

I wanted to pick your brains actually, I'm getting lifting at the cuticle and I fear my mix ratio is incorrect or I'm touching the cuticle...what's the best CND powder to use when using a form and sculpting when you are painting over the enhancement, would it be the clear powder? X

Geeg these tips are awesome!!!!!

I wanted to pick your brains actually, I'm getting lifting at the cuticle and I fear my mix ratio is incorrect or I'm touching the cuticle...what's the best CND powder to use when using a form and sculpting when you are painting over the enhancement, would it be the clear powder? X

Everyone loves to blame mix ratio for problems !! Mix ratio has to be way off to cause problems and you would know if it was.

If you are getting lifting in zone 3 at the eponychium, then it is most likely that you are not pressing the product and packing it down well enough in this area. :idea:

People are often too light-handed in that zone 3 area because they are afraid the product will ride up onto the skin if they press .. but press you must do.

When applying that last bead --- Place it at the half way point on the nail and then press it UP, towards the eponychium, and into place then smooth; this ensures a good firm pressure but without the product touching the skin.

Using a large brush (the 10 Ultra Sculptor) helps so much to stop lifting too as it is weightier.

Glad you like the Velocity tips .. they are so worth that bit extra with all the time you save and they fit just about everyone.

To your 2nd question about powders ....

Use any that you like. Clear, Pure Pink or Natural ... its all the same if you are going to permanently paint them. Some clients prefer not to see the polish colour from the back of the nail so I always use a white or soft white regardless ... it also gives a person the option to remove the colour and a have French if they want it. Its also good to make you practice those smile lines.

Thanks Geeg I'm off to try what you said on a few tips, I fear I'm placing the bead to close to the cuticle and not packing it down, excellent advice as always x

Latest posts

Back