Best topcoat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogacat

Reaction score
Ok, if you just had ONE topcoat - what would it be? (for natural nails or enhancements)

And if you had a small selection - which would you have?

Do you think you need more than one?

ive seen a recent thread about this. just search for it. i think out the door came up very popular. ive never used it though.

x

CND Super Shiney is the best one I have tried - very shiney and also quick drying.

Katelisa said:
ive seen a recent thread about this. just search for it. i think out the door came up very popular. ive never used it though.

x

Nope, can't find it :confused: There was a brief discussion on an unrelated thread, but i wanted more opinions....

I used to use Armour by Supernail but since my Fabric# conversion I've used SuperShiney and Out The Door, both giving the results not only for me but also for my clients.
I do have a mini bottle of Northern Lights Gold, I'd like to have the larger bottles of both silver and gold but nobody seems to want the sparkle look all over their nails :(

i like super shiney by creative for natural nails with light spray of solar speed to help dry quicker.
on enhancements i use thermosheild, you can buy from NSI, i cure in a UV lamp for 3 Min's and its touch dry, i still lightly spray with solar speed as clients love the smell.

Definitely Super Shiney but I also use Out The Door & both Northern Lights topcoats for speed or a bit of shimmer.

Super Shiney for me too - as Fiona says, really shiney and quick drying.

Also, a lot of my clients do actually like Northern Lights in silver and it is one of my more popular retail sellers to give them a bit of extra sparkle on their new pink and white enhancements.

I don't get many retail sales for Out The Door, though I do use it after a nail art service as it is so quick drying.

Thanks for those Katelisa *looking*

How about having more than one top coat? Do you think it's a good idea? Or a waste of money?

well... I have the two i mentioned earlier on, I don't use them together but they have their own qualities. if a client is going out after I've finished her nails then i use Out The Door, if she's chilling with a coffee after I leave her then I use Super Shiney.
I do however use Qtica halftime, it's a dropper dryer (that doesn't sound right lol), you give each nail 1 or 2 drops after finishing polishing and it dries the nails right through, I'm using the rest of bottle up before buying the Solar Speed Spray (being a good girl for a change lol)

I use a dropper dryer too...I use OPI Drip Dry...it is not bad...but does not dry as quick as it says on the bottle but not far off.

Im also with super shiny, some top coats can be really thick but this glides on so smooth, quick drying and like the label says SUPER SHINEY

I use OPI top coat and OPI Drip Dry. I have tried loads of different things. I find lots of them "touch dry" the nails, but I have never found anything that really stops polish being dentable in less than about an hour. Hope you know what I mean.

naturalnails said:
CND Super Shiney is the best one I have tried - very shiney and also quick drying.

i think this one is absolutely brill and havent used any other with such a shine

glynis said:
I use OPI top coat and OPI Drip Dry. I have tried loads of different things. I find lots of them "touch dry" the nails, but I have never found anything that really stops polish being dentable in less than about an hour. Hope you know what I mean.

Yes, i know what you mean - no good for sandals pressing into toenails for example!
I might have to try some of these things from the next trade fair.

What about all the other topcoats that Creative/Designer nails offer? - there seem loads!

Dry and Shine
Looks Wet
Total Eclipse
as well as Speedey, Super Shiney and Out The Door! :confused:

I use the Northern Lights Gold and Silver - I find them quite popular, especially the Silver, but i'm not really happy with the other topcoat from Cetuem, as i think it doesn't last as long as it ought. I've just bought Toughen Up and Sticky from Geekbay here, so that should be the basecoats sorted!

Wahhh! :Scared:
I've just noticed a whole extra section!
What about Xtreme, Xtend, Signature and Xpress Dry!?

I use super shiny if they have time to sit and dry through, if not then its airshield or thermoshield depending on whether they have nail art or not.

I also use northern lights to jazz things up a bit
HTH

I am currently using Sec n Dry by Orly, it does what it says on the bottle, doesnt yellow and doesnt go gloopy, best one i have tried so far!!!!!

Amanda

yogacat said:
Ok, if you just had ONE topcoat - what would it be? (for natural nails or enhancements)

And if you had a small selection - which would you have?

Do you think you need more than one?

I have tried many top coats and the best one for me is MEDEA Wet Glaze Top Coat (for airbrushing). It is very hard wearing and varnish lasts untill the next infill. Their Pink Opal Base Coat is also awesome!

Lynn

Latest posts

Back