Best way for practising smiles (help)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Beauty

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a way I can practise practise practise on my smiles , I doubt my husband fancies a french manicure x :green:

I bought lots of cheap tips to practise on, and that is just it....practise practise practise!! I used Geegs idea of making a finger out of blue tac and pressing the tip into the end of it. Enjoy :hug:

wow what a good idea can you recommend anywhere to get cheap tips please ?

We have a Boyes store local to me and I pick up a box of 100 tips for about a quid. Although I would never purchase anything to use as a professional product from it, you could try Ebay - I'm sure they'd sell some cheapo tips for you to have a practise on. Good Luck :hug:

Great idea this one! I don't get many requests for french so don't get sufficient practice to be really proficient with these. Would you say this is a good practice technique for natural nails as I dont do enhancements?
Thanks

Blue tack... I've never heard that before and I think it's a brilliant idea because you can even create a very short bitten like nail by pushing the tip further up into the blue tack and then try not to get it on the blue tack the same way you would try not to get polish on the skin while doing natural nails.

I found plenty tips on ebay should I go for coloured as I imagine it would be hard to see white on white thanks again. The blue tac idea is awesome x

I just get the natural tips, I have practised l&p smiles as well as using nail polish for the french mani and I don't have a problem seeing the product on the nail :hug:

To practice sculpts on a form, my educator showed me a sweet way of doing it by wrapping a sculpting form around the top or lid of a long nail polish bottle. That probably sounds confusing ! Can post a link to pic to demonstrate if you need :)

Practicing smiles on tips is also a winner!

To practice sculpts on a form, my educator showed me a sweet way of doing it by wrapping a sculpting form around the top or lid of a long nail polish bottle. That probably sounds confusing ! Can post a link to pic to demonstrate if you need :)

Practicing smiles on tips is also a winner!

Quote "Can post a link to pic to demonstrate if you need :)"

Yes please.:)

Definitely the Blu-tack. One of the best tips I've learnt from our Geeg and so much easier than setting up the nail trainer every time :green:

I am defo gonna go for this thanks guys x

What is it blu-tack (blue tac)? English is not my first language so I have no idea what it could be and since there is never enough practicing, I would love to try that, too:). Linda

What is it blu-tack (blue tac)? English is not my first language so I have no idea what it could be and since there is never enough practicing, I would love to try that, too:). Linda

You could use plasticine or a kind of modeling clay... blue tack is usually used to put up posters on walls.

Quote "Can post a link to pic to demonstrate if you need :)"

Yes please.:)

Sorry I didn't notice this for a while !

Follow the link here

Attach the form by fixing the part that would usually lay under the natural free edge firmly to the end of the bottle, then fiddle with the rest of the form to suit your needs.. and viola! A nice way to practice sculpting.

You can either just hold the bottle, or get a big wodge of blu tack and hold it in place on your table, hope this helps :) x

You could use plasticine or a kind of modeling clay... blue tack is usually used to put up posters on walls.

Oh, thanks:). L.

When I first started nails, someone on this site suggested a rubber glove filled with rice, then glue cheap false tips on. It really gives you the feel of holding real fingers and turning them to get them at the right angles. So I filled a right and left hand glove and sat them in front of me on my manicure table. (Locked the door in case any one came in and thought I'd lost the plot!!) Worked amazingly well for me!

I found plenty tips on ebay should I go for coloured as I imagine it would be hard to see white on white thanks again. The blue tac idea is awesome x
The clear ones would be better than the natural ones, also available on ebay x

Sorry I didn't notice this for a while !

Follow the link here

Attach the form by fixing the part that would usually lay under the natural free edge firmly to the end of the bottle, then fiddle with the rest of the form to suit your needs.. and viola! A nice way to practice sculpting.

You can either just hold the bottle, or get a big wodge of blu tack and hold it in place on your table, hope this helps :) x

Ah got what you mean. Thanks for the pics Rachel.:)x

When I first started nails, someone on this site suggested a rubber glove filled with rice, then glue cheap false tips on. It really gives you the feel of holding real fingers and turning them to get them at the right angles. So I filled a right and left hand glove and sat them in front of me on my manicure table. (Locked the door in case any one came in and thought I'd lost the plot!!) Worked amazingly well for me!

Thanks, I'm going to try that method. Did you find the "hand" slipped about on your table?

R

Latest posts

Back