Best way to advise client of tan prep?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazzer84may

Reaction score
Morning!

I was lying in bed last night and i wondered how people advise their clients of tan prep when they make a booking?

Most of my clients will be booking obviously by phone, some through email. So do you just hope that your client remembers the tan prep rules or do you send them something by email or post to remind them (if there is sufficient time before appt that is!).

I am concerned that either I will forget to say something if i am on the move when taking or booking or that the client will forget to do something if they dont have it written down to follow!

How do you all overcome this?

Thanks Geeks! Yay - it's Friday! xxx

Morning!

I was lying in bed last night and i wondered how people advise their clients of tan prep when they make a booking?

Most of my clients will be booking obviously by phone, some through email. So do you just hope that your client remembers the tan prep rules or do you send them something by email or post to remind them (if there is sufficient time before appt that is!).

I am concerned that either I will forget to say something if i am on the move when taking or booking or that the client will forget to do something if they dont have it written down to follow!

How do you all overcome this?

Thanks Geeks! Yay - it's Friday! xxx

some brands will provide free pre and post tan flyer's which you can simply put your contact details on and either give out to customers when they visit you,post to them or you could even E mail the information.

Alternativley you could produce your own flyer's incorporating your own logo and possible a treatment menu for relatively little money.

Even regular customers need constant education and reminding of both pre and post tan maintenance regimes so they get the best from their tans.

And I agree...yey its Friday :hug:

Hi Caroline

I use Fakebake and for a first time client if I have time before a booking, I send them a tanning advice slip which advises them of pre tanning, during tanning and aftercare, I pop a price list in too and also a compliment slip on which I write that the success of the tan relies alot on a clients preparation and ask them to read the advice slip carefully and try to follow it as much as possible.
If on the phone, I try to drive the same point home as gently and professionally as poss. hope this helps hun

Heather

If they come in to the salon to book i have St. Tropez spray tan advice slips and i give them one of those and normally discuss it as most people have lots of questions about spray tans. If it's over the phone i just explain the prep to them and say they can contact me with any questions before hand and then after the tan i give them an advice slip.

I always post out (for over the phone bookings) or hand out for 1ST time clients, a tan leaflet containing all relevant info pre & post tan, pre tan exfoliator sachet (FOC),pricelist and appointment card,
and after the tan give them a FOC sachet of tan extender. Most of my tan clients now automatically buy the pre & post tan products.

I always post out (for over the phone bookings) or hand out for 1ST time clients, a tan leaflet containing all relevant info pre & post tan, pre tan exfoliator sachet (FOC),pricelist and appointment card,
and after the tan give them a FOC sachet of tan extender. Most of my tan clients now automatically buy the pre & post tan products.

That's great!! do many people comment on what good customer service they get?

Yes they do Emily9 .... everyone likes to think they are getting special treatment and a little something for free I find it encourages customer loyalty, but I do only give them out on 1st time tans.:)

Latest posts

Back