best way to carry out bleach bathing at home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i know on loreal and matrix definatly advise you to apply unmixed colour in a dark shade (unless you know exactly what shade you are using)as it is the the PPD in hair colour that people react to and there is more of this the darker a colour is. maybe you guys use a different brand?

I trained with loreal in my last college, and I use it now, and we were taught to mix the darkest colour (whatever colour you are doing as this contains the most ppd) with a little 6% as you can be allergic to the chemical reaction between the tint and peroxide.

i was trained to patch test even with bleach because someone could be allergic to a ingredient in the peroxide

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

I'm a tutor in a college and we do patch testing to see if they're allergic to the PPD within a tint or toner. PPD was taken out of all bleach 4years ago to conform with the EU and therefore no skin test is needed however I do tone and always do the patch test for even if I'm doing hilights for this reason

iv always been told mix 6n with 20vol ... think we do things different in Wales lol could

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

You do mix tint and peroxide to patch test.

If you are testing for a bleach allergy but use tint you are going to end up with a false positive result.

Thank you that's just my point :)

Latest posts

Back