Best way to do these flowers, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellebelle

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me if these flowers are easy to do? Or have they Been done using one stroke technique? I'm looking to do this on enhancements so was thinking of shellac but any advice greatly appreciated xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359481600.368281.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359481600.368281.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 721
yes they look like one stroke to me but you could try painting them with shellac, just get a load of nail art brushes and tips and play around x

When you do them with shellac do you do the two colour coats, wipe with disperse, then draw flowers and then top coat.

They do like the one stroke.

Thanks for replies, yes I think from the shape they are one stroke, I'll ave a play and see what I can come up with :hug: xxx

You could very easily do these flowers without one stroke, I used to do them all the time years ago,
If you want to do it with shellac then I would recommend that you use studio white as the base to get the shape of the flowers with a detail brush cure, do this straight on top of your cured base colour coat, no need to topcoat right now, then cream puff to highlight using a finer detail brush, cure, Blackpool with a very fine detail rush and cure, topcoat and you are done.
Alternatively you could use airbrush acrylic paints which will pop under the topcoat, especially the black and white highlights, still use studio white to create your petals, but detail with the paint.
The pic is one of flowers without highlight or detail, but you get the idea ofnthe base petal shape from it.
Play and have fun, that is what it is all about, experimenting.
Jen xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 550
Sorry to interrupt!
Can I ask what the difference is between one stroke and usual nail art .. Not meaning to sound stupid lol! Are they different? X

You could very easily do these flowers without one stroke, I used to do them all the time years ago,
If you want to do it with shellac then I would recommend that you use studio white as the base to get the shape of the flowers with a detail brush cure, do this straight on top of your cured base colour coat, no need to topcoat right now, then cream puff to highlight using a finer detail brush, cure, Blackpool with a very fine detail rush and cure, topcoat and you are done.
Alternatively you could use airbrush acrylic paints which will pop under the topcoat, especially the black and white highlights, still use studio white to create your petals, but detail with the paint.
The pic is one of flowers without highlight or detail, but you get the idea ofnthe base petal shape from it.
Jen xx

Thank you so much Jen here is my attempt. I bought a one stroke brush and used shellac in cream puff not brilliant but I feel more confident thank you xx

Edited to say I'm sorry the picture is so blurry!! It does look better in real life!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359555817.802640.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359555817.802640.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Hollie one stroke is a painting technique if you you tube it some examples will come up. I don't know how to do one stroke but having the correct brush made petals a bit easier to get a similar effect xx

Jen xx

Jeni you know how much you love us, could you pop this onto your list of videos for you tube please. Love watching yours xx

Thank you so much Jen here is my attempt. I bought a one stroke brush and used shellac in cream puff not brilliant but I feel more confident thank you xx

How is the one stroke brush different?

You know what I really couldn't tell you but it said one stroke brush on the label and I must admit compared to other brushes it seemed easier!

Jeni you know how much you love us, could you pop this onto your list of videos for you tube please. Love watching yours xx

Will do that when I am back in the salon for you Hun, this is what I need, peeps requesting vids then I can get working on them.
Thank you sweetie xoxoxo

Edited to say I'm sorry the picture is so blurry!! It does look better in real life!

Well done it looks fab for your first attempt, think what you 10th one will look like if this is the first, amazing.
Jen xx

Hollie one stroke is a painting technique if you you tube it some examples will come up. I don't know how to do one stroke but having the correct brush made petals a bit easier to get a similar effect xx

Thankyou x

Busybee32 what name do you use on YouTube? would like to watch a few thanks x

Video is now up of how to do these flowers xxx

Brilliant video Jen thank you! I'm going to tell my client ill give them a go xx

Ah thanks Jeni you are a star xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back