Best way to finish acrylic nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHeartLashes

Reaction score
Hello,

This may sound like a stupid question but what do you find is the best way to finish a set of acrylic nails when clients want them colourful / with nail art?

Do you use normal polish? If so, what do you then use to attach gems / crystals?

Do you apply gel polish them?

What if the client wants acrylic 3D flowers / designs etc?

What do you use for the nail art? Polish, gel, acrylic paint?

I like the finish gel polish gives but the thought of having to manually file off all the gel for in-fills puts me off...

Any tips / advice would be appreciated xx

I have found that the gel polish gets filed away as part of the regular infill filing anyway, during debulking and rebalancing, so hasn't been a problem.
Just starting my nail art course so can't help with that bit yet I'm afraid! X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I normally use a gel polish such as NSI's Glaze n Go and if using crystals the gel polish would give a bit more support than normal polish especially if you encapsulate them.

As MamaG has said the filing of the gel would come off with the standard infill filing procedure anyway, so it's not going to take that much extra time.

As for crystals etc I use NSI's brush on glue.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I tend to use a tiny bit of nail glue for gems etc Hun as they stick so much better than in polish and they still come off with acetone as well

I tend to use a tiny bit of nail glue for gems etc Hun as they stick so much better than in polish and they still come off with acetone as well

Or non acetone for acrylics if your just doing infills

Ok great, thanks for your replies. I think I'll stick to gel in that case. Can I do 3D acrylic art over gel?

I have some NSI Glaze and Go but thought that was only for use over acrylic?

xx

Ok great, thanks for your replies. I think I'll stick to gel in that case. Can I do 3D acrylic art over gel?

I have some NSI Glaze and Go but thought that was only for use over acrylic?

xx

Yes, that's right NSI Glaze and Go is only for use over acrylic, but your thread title is "Best way to finish acrylic nails?" :wink2: x Obviously you can use any other uv gel polish if you already use other systems?

LOL Lisa.Sharrock, point well made! When I read your post I thought you meant you used G&G over a coloured gel polish for some reason and it confused me :)

So it's best to use a coloured / glitter acrylic and then use the G&G over that?

xx

LOL Lisa.Sharrock, point well made! When I read your post I thought you meant you used G&G over a coloured gel polish for some reason and it confused me :)

So it's best to use a coloured / glitter acrylic and then use the G&G over that?

xx

LOL and just reading my post back you're right it's a bit confusing, see in my head everyone should know what I'm thinking! haha Serves me right for not reading it back. : and no my post was a bit confusing, so sorry about that :) :D

No if you used G&G over a gel polish it would make it crack as G&G is a hard gel and gel polish is a soft gel.

And yes, just use your coloured or glitter acrylic and top coat with either G&G or any other Gel top coat such as Shellac top coat or any other system. :) x

Latest posts

Back