Best Way to Wax Arms?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spakitten

Reaction score
What is the best way to do a full arm wax? How do you make it the most comfortable for both you and your client?

I've tried having the client sitting up on the bed, twisting their arm around... Or laying down and rotating it around... But no matter what I do it seems forced and uncomfortable for both of us, and it's dificult for me to keep track of the areas I've already waxed...

How do you do this type of waxing?

What is the best way to do a full arm wax? How do you make it the most comfortable for both you and your client?

I've tried having the client sitting up on the bed, twisting their arm around... Or laying down and rotating it around... But no matter what I do it seems forced and uncomfortable for both of us, and it's dificult for me to keep track of the areas I've already waxed...

How do you do this type of waxing?

Arms can be a nightmare... my 'worst' body part for me. But the way I do it is to lie the client on their backs and have them lift their arm above their head and I apply the wax to the upper arm first (normally just men here) then gripping the underside making the skin taught and also supporting the arm, I apply the stips and remove the wax in the usual way. Then do the lower arm removing the wax while keeping the skin taught from underneath. To do the fronts of the arms, I have the client sit up and do the fronts while supporting the back of the arm all the time. When it gets the lower arms, take care with guys as the hair often grows in different directions and the wrist area there can whirls of hair ... so you just have to do your best at getting the hair out here .. which is similar to toes and fingers.. the strip is just dabbed over the area until the hairs have come out, again keeping the skin taught be gripping the underside of the arm. Always do hand and fingers if you have done arms, unless the client asks you not to. Just work methodically and you will get there ... but there is always another batch of little hairs you missed... just keep the skin taught and apply the wax and remove... you will get there :)

With a lady client who only wants lower arms done.. I do the whole treatment with them sat up on the edge of my couch.

This is how I do it and I hope it helps.. but I am sure there will be others that do it differently and advice you. :hug:

I have almost the same routine as Jen - Weird!

If you cover the arm with wax and then remove methodically you will find it a lot easier to do a complete job than the college way of one wax one stip repeat!

Remember at elbows not to go round corners or it'll hurt like a MoFo.

i sit the client opposite me, and they rest their arms across the end of the couch.

Latest posts

Back