Best white Additive for ombre French nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haribo

Reaction score
What additive would you recommend for creating the white blended tip?

I use CND Brisa Gel and Shellac which I'm happy with for the base but can't see a pure white additive on the Sweet Squared website so wondered if any one knows an alternative?

I am willing to incorporate a different brand. All the tutorials I have found seem to involve acrylic nails or the sponge method which I am reluctant to do. With the right additive/white powder I'm sure it could be done really nicely over Beau, Strawberry Smoothie or any of the other pinky Shellac colours as I've had plenty of practice with the additives, just can find the right colour. Several clients are now asking for this effect, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Harri xxx

I've been hunting for a pure white pigment/additive but can't find one either, they're all slightly sparkly or shimmery, which is fine if the client like shimmer but I've got one who absolutely hates any shimmer/glitter

So my white pigment arrived this morning, I've had a quick play and have to say it's a fail on the first attempt.

I am very impatient, but i did try crushing the powder more before using it, but i dont think smashing it up in a little baggie with a teaspoon, or a bit more with the application brush was enough. It either clumped or dusted straight off. I dont own a pestle and mortar, my neighbour does so im hoping to borrow it for a while over the weekend.

Ive put a picture in my album, i cant work out how to put it in this thread

http://www.salongeek.com/media/20160824_170501.64597/

(ETA - link to my photo in my album. Dropbox upload says 'too large' on PC too. I'm too lazy to faff about resizing it when I can link straight to the one already uploaded :D )

Last edited:
Ive put a picture in my album, i cant work out how to put it in this thread
Upload File
Choose File
Photo Library
Select picture

Upload File
Choose File
Photo Library
Select picture

Error - file too large - when uploading from Dropbox
access to 'your media' isnt an option given as a location to upload from
copy and paste from 'my media' doesn't work either

Error - file too large - when uploading from Dropbox
access to 'your media' isnt an option given as a location to upload from
copy and paste from 'my media' doesn't work either
I also have this problem and have to use a photo shrimper app as the files are too large

I also have this problem and have to use a photo shrimper app as the files are too large
Geez sorry ladies I mean shrinker - autocorrect is doing my head in today :mad:

Geez sorry ladies I mean shrinker - autocorrect is doing my head in today :mad:

Bless you. I'll haveva go tomorrow on the pc, the tablet drives me mad too

Bless you. I'll haveva go tomorrow on the pc, the tablet drives me mad too
If you look for an app called photoshrinker, has a blue icon, it's really easy to use. Let me know if you would like me to send you a screenshot of it, because we absolutely need more of your pics :)

Hi trinity! I'm so glad you posted in this thread, I use the app on my phone and couldn't find it to send you the link to the matte pigments [emoji15] anyway, here is the link, for the French I use the rosa and the nude

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/281557919595?_mwBanner=1

Hi trinity! I'm so glad you posted in this thread, I use the app on my phone and couldn't find it to send you the link to the matte pigments [emoji15] anyway, here is the link, for the French I use the rosa and the nude

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/281557919595?_mwBanner=1

Thanks for those Natasha :D

Do you do yours the other way round? Do you paint the whole nail white then use either of those pigments from cuticle down to create the BabyBoomer? Well what a brilliant idea! Although to be fair, I don't have a matt pink pigment either, they've all got a sparkle or sheen in them.

I love GNI pigments, they are great and a fab price, so I think I shall be investing, I will crack this one way or another :confused::p:D

Yes I do two coats of white then use the pink from cuticle, I couldn't find a white that was showing enough and it was driving me mad, then there was the 'shimmer' issue [emoji58] but the matte rosa and nude both work perfectly for me when doing baby boomers and then when the topcoat goes on it blends the fade even more! Good luck x

I've just had a play with my phone and camera settings, I've got a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, the camera settings were on 16m (16:9) 5312x2988 - which I'm assuming to mean 16megapixels. I've just taken it down to 6M and the photo uploads OK via the App. Might be worth checking your photo quality settings on your phone and drop them a bit to see what happens :D

Yes I do two coats of white then use the pink from cuticle, I couldn't find a white that was showing enough and it was driving me mad, then there was the 'shimmer' issue [emoji58] but the matte rosa and nude both work perfectly for me when doing baby boomers and then when the topcoat goes on it blends the fade even more! Good luck x

Fab, thank you. I've ordered 2, I went with Nude and Bare. Lets see how we get on :rolleyes:

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1472146142.556384.jpg
here is my pops with both pigments trinity x

View attachment 200331 here is my pops with both pigments trinity x

They look great, ordered my pigments and got a dispatched email so they might arrive tomorrow! Sadly, i'm currently sporting my new Aurora holo pigment so they're staying on for the weekend but I'll have a play and post some pictures next week :D

They arrived this morning...here are my first attempts, I'm very happy with the pink. I think my choice of the Nude is too pale but that's my error not a problem with the pigment.

20160830_161359.jpg

I'm certainly happy to offer it to a client with confidence. Thank you Natasha

They are lovely! The nude will be fine when on a client, it won't look as pale on some skin tones x

They arrived this morning...here are my first attempts, I'm very happy with the pink. I think my choice of the Nude is too pale but that's my error not a problem with the pigment.

View attachment 200446

I'm certainly happy to offer it to a client with confidence. Thank you Natasha
Are these colour shack ones?

Latest posts

Back