Big benefits row

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't even imagine how hard this must have been for you, but by today's minimum wage I doubt if I'd get out of bed at a brisk pace to be honest, but then I also probably wouldn't be involved in this thread ha ha...

Ive left the salon i worked at for 12 years because i was still on minimum wage now with 2 little ones and one on the way mobile is better for me. There should be more help for people wanting to work with young families. I dot understand how they dont get bored not working!!! X

It's different for those with kids I just read up if you have children under 5 I think it's 16 hours and those with children 5 up to I think it said secondary school have a few more hours too

I'm glad there is a minimum wage; we'd all be working for 50p otherwise. That's what it is the MINIMUM people should be paid, I think it's disgusting people in London are paid this; employers should use a brain and ask themselves if they could live on this!

It's different for those with kids I just read up if you have children under 5 I think it's 16 hours and those with children 5 up to I think it said secondary school have a few more hours too

Makes more sense....

Council houses do have 4 and 5 bedroom properties but the amount of people occupying has to fill all bedrooms. For example if 2 girls under 16 live there they can share 1 room a boy and a girl can share until one if them hits 10. So there would have to be atleast one person occupying each room. But people are free to find there own private rent property and housing benefit will pay the rent on that property aslong as it is reasonable and all rooms will be occupied. A single jobless man couldn't ask housing benefit to pay for a 3 bedroom house and if he did he would be liable for 25% of the rent

Council houses do have 4 and 5 bedroom properties but the amount of people occupying has to fill all bedrooms. For example if 2 girls under 16 live there they can share 1 room a boy and a girl can share until one if them hits 10. So there would have to be atleast one person occupying each room. But people are free to find there own private rent property and housing benefit will pay the rent on that property aslong as it is reasonable and all rooms will be occupied. A single jobless man couldn't ask housing benefit to pay for a 3 bedroom house and if he did he would be liable for 25% of the rent

You are right, council and housing association still have to have 4/5 bedroom houses to accommodate the single parents with hordes of children. Even the most expensive marina penthouses here in Southampton have a certain quantity of apartments put aside for these people, there was uproar when they were first built as potential buyers complained of having to spend six figure sums and then have the occasional views of old broken fridges, matresses and shopping trolleys on peoples balconies. Even the most affluent estate areas have to have housing association properties. You can generally tell the difference of who's who though. (I am not tarring all with the same brush!)

Latest posts

Back