Big problems with s58 mini lox

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
This is not a moany at the company thread! I started using mini lox a few weeks ago bad 'aftercare perfect' clients are loosing loads. 20 a week for 1 client, 50+ in the first week for another and so on. I am clamping them with 2 hands and have tried 3 different sizes & type of pliers.
It looks do unprofessional! & I've had to book in 3 refits this week for free so my time and no profit. Any body else have this problem or know where I'm going wrong?!

I've yet to try them, I'll do a full head of micros with a few layers of mini locks and compare. I guess they'd be less secure than micro rings as there is no silicone grip? From what I can see there is a little lip on one side. Perhaps ask studio 58 if there is a specific way to apply them? X

I've yet to try them, I'll do a full head of micros with a few layers of mini locks and compare. I guess they'd be less secure than micro rings as there is no silicone grip? From what I can see there is a little lip on one side. Perhaps ask studio 58 if there is a specific way to apply them? X

There is a specific way to apply them with the lip... I forgot which way but another company I used copper tubes with had tht lip x

This is not a moany at the company thread! I started using mini lox a few weeks ago bad 'aftercare perfect' clients are loosing loads. 20 a week for 1 client, 50+ in the first week for another and so on. I am clamping them with 2 hands and have tried 3 different sizes & type of pliers.
It looks do unprofessional! & I've had to book in 3 refits this week for free so my time and no profit. Any body else have this problem or know where I'm going wrong?!

I've used there locks and have them in in problems, it's down to your application

I've used there locks and have them in in problems, it's down to your application[/
All of these "new" mini lox, locks,loks are all just small copper tubes and they have been around for years, iv never liked them personally x

Why is there always a problem with studio58? Training, hair, supplies etc. Is it not time to close this post. yet again! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's not a problem with the company, they're great. I just wasn't sure where I was going wrong but I got a lovely email from Helen at Studio 58 after her seeing this post and I think I've got it sussed!

Thanks geeks!

?.. and I think I've got it sussed!

Thanks geeks![/QUOTE]

Go on.. tell us :) I like em but only used on a textured blonde (twice) so had a bit of natural grip & heard easilocks and additional lengths use a sticky german keratin to do the job of silicon lining ... is there a special technique for them?

:)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think because the locks are so small I was worried about pulling to much hair through, so I actually should have been pulling more. Helen said in the email that when pulling the hair through there should be that 'pop' of having to pull in through the lock. Did that this evening and they seem really secure!
I also swapped to my point nose pliers and squeezed the top middle and bottom.
Another thing stated in the email was to make sure 2mm of stick tip is showing above the lock. I was cutting down to hide it inside the lock but having some showing above for grip sounds very logical! X

Why is there always a problem with studio58? Training, hair, supplies etc. Is it not time to close this post. yet again! :rolleyes:
When you have been here longer you will understand that there's highs and lows with all and every supplier and subject x

There is no problem with Studio58 here and the OP is quite specific that this is not and I quote "a moany at the company thread"

She also posts she thinks the company is great, and from actually reading the thread it appears this was an application problem not a quality one. A reponse was received from the company and the issues the OP was having were resolved.

In fact the only problem I can see here is for the company....they should not have to monitor our boards to help their customers.
I am glad that this for resolved so quickly but....Why oh why if there is a problem with a product don't people contact the company first? a quick call would have got a much faster response rather than posting it on here in the hope that someone will see it let the company know and then figure out who you are and email you ;)

Last edited:
Glad you got it sorted, I fitted a set 2 weeks ago but luckily the client has only lost a couple. Fingers crossed.

If is not got any replies I would have called Studio, it's just nice to get different opinions from different therapists as everybody does things slightly differently that work for them.
This place is a fountain of knowledge so it's nice to get a few different opinions instead of just the companies advice :)

I'm glad the OP posted this thread! Reading posts like this give us all a few tips and pointers! If people don't like a thread, don't read it. I found this one useful. Thanks! :)

There isn't always a problem with studio58, your just still annoyed at a conversation you had with them so you've obviously still got it in for them!

Latest posts

Back