Bikini line shaving rash

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
Hi, I'm going away in a few days time and was wondering if any of you can advise me on how to avoid this? I'm too much of a baby for waxing especially down there!! so i'm a razor girl! This always happens to me, not straight away but when it starts to get itchy. I've tried hair removal creams but the same thing happens:mad:

Any advice on how to avoid this or what to use to ease would be really appreciated
Thanks

Im the same,ill watch this thread to see what advice you get xx thanks

avoid tight fitting underwear that can rub, also Tend Skin is great for shaving rash aswell as ingrown hairs.

I think I remember someone saying that it starts to itch when the hairs are growing back and a way to avoid this is exfoliate and moisturise to remove dead skin and soften skin to allow the hairs to grow back normally without dead skin hindering them.

I am not sure though so will watch with interest as to a proper explanation.

Rachel

What's Tend Skin??

Its such a pain, it's really embarrasing when your in your bikini and it looks like you've got some nasty disease!!!!

Just be brave hun, take a couple of painkillers and go get waxed, its not that bad and i promise you that the brief discomfort you feel when getting waxed is much less than the discomfort you experience with shaving rash :hug:

I'm way too much a wimp!! but my sister plucked up courage to get waxed the 1st time she went abroad on holiday and she got a nasty/itchy rash too

there are lots of reasons your sister experienced this but with correct prep and aftercare you should be fine, almost everyone gets some redness which goes away after a couple of hours, if you do decide to be brave have it done a few days before your holiday, have a nice break :hug:

Aloevera gel works nicely also if applied right after the waxing and everyday for the next 2 days. As waxing that area is a bit painful , it is oh so worth it in the end.

Aloevera gel works nicely also if applied right after the waxing and everyday for the next 2 days. As waxing that area is a bit painful , it is oh so worth it in the end.

I agree wiyh Louby Lou and Jd,waxing is really worth it and using aloe vera is perfect,its just as good as tea tree IMO

Just be brave hun, take a couple of painkillers and go get waxed, its not that bad and i promise you that the brief discomfort you feel when getting waxed is much less than the discomfort you experience with shaving rash :hug:

here here

I too find this and the rash started staying longer and longer and have moved to waxing.

Waxing can be painless IF you find a beautician that knows her stuff and if the growth is not to long.

I do find that King's shaving products help ease the problem specifically their spray on oil - and it smells lush.

I too find this and the rash started staying longer and longer and have moved to waxing.

Waxing can be painless IF you find a beautician that knows here staff and if the growth is not to long.

I do find that King's shaving products help ease the problem specifically their spray on oil - and it smells lush.

I have to disagree with this, yes the THERAPIST (not BEAUTICIAN) can make the treatment less painful by trimming the hair and holding the skin taught but you cannot tell people waxing can be painless if it's done properly because every single person on this earth has a different pain threshold, while one person may not feel a thing the next person may scream in agony, which has nothing to do with the therapists' technique. By making statements like you have just done gives people false expectations. I'm sorry, i'm not being rude i'm just expressing my opinion.

Not getting into a tit for tat with you but here in the states, a beautician can do waxing, the only thing they can't do is mechanical or chemically processed skin care such as facials. It is such a minor thing isn't it with Beauticians vs Techicians?
But you have a very valid point with everyones pain tolerance level being different. We have one older lady that has a full beard, I suggested that she try and have it waxed as she is having to shave everyday, We could hear her clear outside the doors yelping in pain And the one who did the wax on her is a esthetician (sp?) and knows her stuff.

If you're too chicken to go for waxing, why don't you try a depilatory cream?

I tried the hair removal creams and got the same result:rolleyes:
I also tried to get some Tend skin today but couldn't get hold of any so bought some Skin Doctors can't remember the exact name but it's kinda the same thing, will wait and see if it works:wink2:
Thanks for all the replies

Latest posts

Back