Bio Dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charshaun

Reaction score
Hi there

Have been reading lately about other techs not getting on with Bio gel as an overlay for tips. I to am experiencing problems (thought it was me to begin with!!) and now find myself in an annoying position. I wanted to be able to use Bio in every aspect of my business because it is fab for NNo's (no lifting at all) looks nice to and like the look of sculpts (not necessarily mine ha ha). Was just wondering what do other peeps use. I use OPI express acyrlic but want a gel also but do not want to fork out for another UV lamp. I'm only a mino in a big pond and have recently spent out hundreds of pounds converting to Bio and OPI.
What would you recommend I do??

LOL Charlotte :cry:

Have you tried Bio's S-gel? Its good for putting ove tips due to its strength although not very flexible. If you do a search on S-gel you will find some good info to help you decide

I agree with Emma - I used to have isues with Bio over tips but not so much if I use S-gel. The only time then I have an issue is with a bad nailbiter, but if I have to extend innediately, then I tend to use fibreglass for extending them now, as they seem to be able to 'pick' less.

That said, I won't guarantee tips on a nail biter for any length of time anyway, my main recommendation to them being a good manicure, with overlay for two weeks...and plently of solar oil, to get their nails and surrounding tissue back into condition, by which time there is enough growth for tips or even sculpting.

Thanks for replying and yes I do use S Gel, one layer to build up apex and last thin layer for shine. I haven't had problems with lifting at the cuticle the problem seems to be on the smile line at the sides. I am fanatical about making sure there is no gel on the sidewalls but I had a client the other day who had 4 split nails all at the smile line and all on the right side of the nail. The gel had lifted, caught in the clients hair which inturn had caused the natural nail to split below the hyponychium so I had to repair and then did an NNo instead. Don't think she was too impressed because she had a very good tech before but she has recently moved away.

Also had a client on Thursday whose nails had come off 2 at a time?? She is rather stressed at the moment and I wondered whether this was a factor but again not too pleased at loosing all her enhancements. Any thoughts Zingara?? I have read 4 other techs thread this week saying that it is not good on tips. Whst do you do to ensure you do not get lifting anywhere??

I think, like any product, Bio has to be taken care of if its going to last! And someone who is stressed may well be picking and pulling at her nails.

The other thing is that whilst I'm happy with the S-Gel over tips, I probably wouldn't suggest the nails being too long....if customers want lasting length I sugges they grow inot it a little, not bcause of the product, but because it takes the client a while to get used to really long nails!

Thanks for the reply just spotted your news, congratulations (probably been up there ages and I haven't noticed soz)

Charlotte

Latest posts

Back