Bio Sculpture´s S-gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snyrtipinni

Reaction score
Hi there, Bio users :)

I was wondering if any of you have tried the new S-gel from Bio Sculpture?

I bought one jar about two months ago, and the Icelandic distributer promised that it would be even better than the clear gel, so I decided to give it a try. I used it on a lot of clients and the jar was almost empty when the "disaster" started. They all started calling me, some were mad and others surprised, as the results were horrible. The gel started cracking after about 7-10 days, and there were deep cracks over the apex which opened all the way down causing the gel to lift and fall off. I tried it on my self and the same thing happened. :irked:
I had to give almost everyone discounts or new sets for free to keep my clients. The ones that had had their first sets with S-gel never came back. I lost a few of my regulars too because they didn´t bother to call, just quietly went to someone else.
I talked to the distributor and I was doing everything right, and she had no idea what could be wrong, had never heard of this before.
I tried it again on myself, but still the same problem.

I insist on finding out what went wrong, because I know I´m very qualified. I have a large group of regular clients and everyone is happy with my work. I also get a lot of referrals and most of my clients come back every 4 weeks with no lifting at all.
So you can imagine how frustrating this situation was for me:rolleyes:

Now I´ve switched back to using the clear gel and everything is working out wonderfully, so there´s noting wrong with my UV lamp or bulbs, and I always used the clear gel first and then the S-gel, just like I was told to do.

If anyone has an idea what went wrong please inform me! :cool: Can´t stop thinking about this!

Hi

Oh eckk that sounds terrible! I have been using the s gel for a few weeks and i love it. Used it on myself to and not experienced any of those problems. maybe you got a dodgy pot of gel??

hi ya

i too have not had this problem....BUT only thing i would say is....it burns like hell / heat spikes (unlike normal clear) if you apply that little bit too much.

AND can b a little lumpy!

BUT i tend to use it nice and thin...and also as my sealer layer and have had no cracking problems whatsoever.

Everyone client i do and have done for the last month has this somewhere be it builder layer or sealer layer.

Ring bio u must have dudd pot.

Amb xxxxxxxxxx

Sounds like a dodgy pot of S-gel to me! I would have rang Biosculpture and explained what happened.....

I've used the s-gel, mainly as a sealer over colour and french and its been ok so far.

I even noticed that my French manicures are lasting longer than before and are not yellowing as they did with the clear gel.

Why not send a voucher or something to those customers you lost. It doesn't sound as if its anybody's fault but the dodgy gel!

Thanks for your answers, I think I´ll just go with the dodgy pot theory!

I tried it both as a building gel and a sealer gel, but both ways it was the same problem. I got a free pot of sealer gel from the distributor after I complainted, but that doesn´t make up for all the free work and lost costumers :mad:
It´s a good idea, though, to contact "the lost ones". Think I´ll do that, thanks :)

go for it.....nothing to loose have you!

ambx

Latest posts

Back