Bio Sculpture Assesment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couper

Reaction score
I have my Bio Sculpture Assesment tomorrow morning!
I'm confident doing tips and overlays but I also need to do two sculptures :eek:! I have spent the day practising and they are still not up to standard. Its a tricky one to practise on yourself as fitting a form reqires two hands. Does anyone have any tips they could share with me? Has anyone been through the assesment with Bio? Very very nervous!!!!

couper said:
I'm confident doing tips and overlays but I also need to do two sculptures :eek:! I have spent the day practising and they are still not up to standard. Its a tricky one to practise on yourself as fitting a form reqires two hands. Does anyone have any tips they could share with me? Has anyone been through the assesment with Bio? Very very nervous!!!!

dont panic ! you will be fine....it does take practise - hell im still poop at sculpts.

you will be fine - its all fairly laid back on the day

AMb xxx

Can you not use silk to sculpt? i found this loads easier than trying to use forms? But most people are the other way around so maybe im just wierd!! But when i first started doing my own nails with bio i always used silk and found it loads easier?

We never did tip and overlay when i did my course, we were only taught how to sculpt and the tutor only let us the girls who were really not confident sculpting to use tips??

These things are never as bad as you think they will be!! Im sure you will be fine!!:)

I have got my assesment in 2 weeks with bio. Luckily i dont have to do tips because I am much better at sculpts!!
I think once you have worked how to put the form on the rest is ok. I just put a form off and on my husband (poor thing) loads!! you really need to do it on someone because you need two hands. Just remeber to angle your thumbs down to lift the form up under the free edge - if you know what I mean.
Please let me know how you get on, and any useful hints would be appriciated.
Lots and lots of luck, just think this time tommorrow it will be over
xxx

Thank you guys, since starting the thread I have managed to do a sculpture on my thumb which has worked really well. Trying to get my brother to model for me, for some reason a 15 year old boy dosen't want to spend his easter holidays having his nails extended:confused: !
I have been told that the assesment is really laid back and my educator is really lovely so hopefully my nerves wont get in the way. I'll let you know how it goes!
Fingers crossed!!

couper said:
Thank you guys, since starting the thread I have managed to do a sculpture on my thumb which has worked really well. Trying to get my brother to model for me, for some reason a 15 year old boy dosen't want to spend his easter holidays having his nails extended:confused: !
I have been told that the assesment is really laid back and my educator is really lovely so hopefully my nerves wont get in the way. I'll let you know how it goes!
Fingers crossed!!

Good luck for tomorrow

I did my assessment today for my Bio and passed with flying colours!!

I was as nervous as you were!! Try getting the resuable forms. i borrowed them from Bio, they helped me loads as my model had really badly bitten nails!! I find doing sculpts on the little and index fingers are the easiest!!

Today was only my 2nd full set of silk bio extensions. They are really helpful if you're struggling. As long youre showing willingness to learn and want to do it, the trainer will help!!

GOOD LUCK, not that you'll prob need it. I posted a pic of first sculpts in the gallery have a look xx

Let us all know how you go xxx:) :)

SharonAuk said:
I did my assessment today for my Bio and passed with flying colours!!

I was as nervous as you were!! Try getting the resuable forms. i borrowed them from Bio, they helped me loads as my model had really badly bitten nails!! I find doing sculpts on the little and index fingers are the easiest!!

Today was only my 2nd full set of silk bio extensions. They are really helpful if you're struggling. As long youre showing willingness to learn and want to do it, the trainer will help!!

GOOD LUCK, not that you'll prob need it. I posted a pic of first sculpts in the gallery have a look xx

Let us all know how you go xxx:) :)

They look so natural, wll done. How long did they take?
The Bio handbook in the picture made me laugh, thats been glued to my side all day.
Thanks for all your advice, congratulations on your pass.

I pases, I passed I passed!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin:
I got an A grade which I really wasnt expecting but I was so pleased with how they turned out. Thank you all so much for your help.:hug:

couper said:
I got an A grade which I really wasnt expecting but I was so pleased with how they turned out. Thank you all so much for your help.:hug:

Fab Couper congratulations

Well done, I did think about you today. I am so pleased (and jealous ) for you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done you:hug:

couper said:

see i told you so:hug: well done babes!

amb x

couper said:
Not sure if someones already said this as too tired to read through them all have you tried to curve the form while its still on the wrapper roll it a few times and its easier to apply.Moulds easier under the nail then I found them hard till I started doing this tip of trade. crats on passing teach me some tips now xxxxxAli xxxxxxx

Well Done, im really pleased for you xxx

Bet youre confidence is sky high now!! Know mine was!!

Don't be you Will do EXCELLENT!

Latest posts

Back