Bio Sculpture - Executive Base

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheelies

Reaction score
Hi, do any of you have any opinions on Executive Base. I know Bio Sculpture recommend always using it during the prep as it means you don't have to buff the natural nail, but does anyone have a view on this and if you do use it, do you have any tips on applying, where to apply it, buffing it etc. Many thx

i dont use it under gels, its used to make gels lift off easier during soak off, i want my clients nails to last as long as possible
hth x

Thats not strictly true. Yes, it does aid soak off, but its prime function is as a nail conditioner and strengthener.

If a client has weak nails, then I often advocate a good manicure and an overlay for protection, then Executive Base (applied in a square in the centre of the nails and buffed to remove shine before application of gel) can really help strengthen those nails. I generally don't use it on good nails that I'm extending, as its not simply needed.

As it does aid soak off, if you are going to follow Bio's recommended advice and soak off every time (which sometimes I do and sometimes I don't...depending on the client), then it does indeed speed things up. Its also good for those clients who want a one-off set for special occasions.

If application is correct then you won't get any problems or lifting from use of Executive base, The nails I use it on, last just as long as the nails that I don't.

The beauty of Bio Sculpture is that its such a good selection of products that you can tailor to your clients nails and needs. I suggest clueing up on the correct usuage of all the the products and trying them, see if they work in your service. Some may suit some techs style of working better than others, but none of them work against the product...they are there to support it!

Thanks girls. I've just put exec base on a client this morn under her gels as an experiment and will cross my fingers that they stay on. I had a week of putting exec base on everyone I did and everyone's nails slid off after 3 days! Was nightmare and had to put all right at my own expense. Bio Sculpt have advised me to try again - but am doing so cautiously this time!

Make sure it is fully dry (this takes about 5 minutes).

Also ensure it is only a small square in the middle of the nail. If it touches the cuticle or sidewalls at all then your nails will slide off. The gel needs to cover and overlap by a few mm to ensure that there is sufficient surface area to grip.

Hi, Im been reading what everyone has been putting as Im doing my Bio exam on tuesday very nervous may I add. I was told only to put exective base on if the clients have thin and soft nails or if it is difficult to soak gel off. So im toltally confussed now.
Lol

I went on a Bio Sculpture workshop last week and we were told to put the Executive Base all over the nail - oh I don't know!!!!!!!

Wheelies. You definitely DON'T put it over the whole nail. Look in your manual....it will confirm this.

If you put it over the whole nail - you will lose the nail within days if not hours. It is designed only to go in the centre of the nail. Where did you do the workshop?....I find hard to believe a Bio Educator would tell you this.....it is a fundamental mistake in application if you put it over the whole nail.

If you need any more confirmation, I suggest you give Head Office a call....they will confirm.

Emma L, why are you confused....you have that totally right. You use on thin weak nails, or to speed soak off.

I used to use the base, but now find most nails if properly manicured when removed should improve in condition, Ex base made a few of my applications lift, when my nails on the exact same clients before were absolutely fine!
However listening to every ones views it seems its down to who taught you, they taught me to apply a stripe from just below the cuticle, ( not touching though) to the end of the nail, buff then apply first layer of gel etc... So I ditched the Ex base and I'm happy without... :o) x

I had this exact same problem, when i started out 5 months ago! Infact there was three girls on the course with the same problem. I rang bio and they told me to leave it out! so i've never used exec base! xx

just to add...i trained about 5 years ago and i've never ever used it:green:

I'm so glad I just found this thread - have totally given up hope with Bio Sculpture as gel just doesn't seem to stick for long on peoples nails - although they last on me for over two weeks - clients have them coming off generally after a week - if not before. I did start to use CND prep and this has made a vast improvement with the gel staying on. I have the manual, have attended the training (Bio Sculpture that is) and called and spoken to Bio Sculpture for advice, am thinking of converting to CND. What am I doing wrong with prep - without using CND?!

SO CONFUSED?!

Thanks .x.

I have a client that only comes every 7 weeks for maintenance or a new set of Biosculpture, most 4 weeks.

I think you should get a 1-2-1 with your educator before looking at other systems.

Thanks for that advice! How come the most obvious answer isn't the one we first think of! Will get on to them and sort out a 1-2-1

I'm so glad I joined this site! Thanks so much :)

Latest posts

Back