Bio Sculpture Gel colour coverage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoorStep Nails

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Bio Sculpture Gel and Salon Geek. Did my Bio Sculpture training in June this year.
Previously I worked with OPI gel colour but found that the product did not offer enough flexibility to my clients with soft, brittle nail conditions.
Bio Sculpture Gel have solved that problem for me, both for my own nails and many of my clients.

BUT I have problems with the coverage of the Bio Sculpture gel colours!!!
Yesterday I used colour 2003 Nude for the first time for a clients. The coverage was nice and smooth on half of the nails and poorly covered on the other half.

I did a full prep. Used Sculpting gel, as the clients nails are very soft and brittle. Cured 2 min. Then 2 cots of 2003 Nude with a 2 min cure between each cote. The top coat was Flexi Gel. Cured 2 min and finished with a top coat and quick dry.
I did steered the colour pot very well before applying the colour.

To apply the gel colour I use Bio Sculpture Bling Brush #4

I have had the same problem with colour no 10 Pinotage and had to use 3 coats to get a good coverage.

I'm now very reluctant to buy more Bio Sculpture gel colours and have started to use my OPI Gel colours in a combination with Bio Sculpture. So I use Bio Sculpture as the base/top layer and OPI as my colours.
This combination works very well on my own nails but have not worked for this particularly client.

I hope some of you are able to give me a few tips about what I can do differently to can get the same even coverage with Bio sculpture as I do with OPI gel colour?

Thanks to everyone out there that are using Salon Geek. I have learned a lot since joining this forum 18 month ago.

L xx

I would maybe try using a #6 brush and see if that makes any difference? Personally I find the 4 to small for most people's nails and I get a better coverage with a 6 round. I can't say I've had any problems with uneven coverage though, since they've changed to led and I sorted out my teething problems, I've actually been really happy with the coverage. Make sure your coats are thin. Maybe someone else will have another idea!

Are you using LED? I recently refreshed my training and my trainer said some LED colours work best with three thin coats.

I agree also about the #6 round - great brush :)

Just like any gel sometimes your better with 3 thin coats rather than 2 normal, whatever the suppliers say.

I've had this a couple of times with that colour but not always. I think it just depends how it's applied and depends on the nails. Any ridges etc.

It's a lovely nude, don't worry if it happens just do slightly thinner layers and make sure it's all even.

Laura xx

Latest posts

Back