Bio Sculpture Gel - lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tess78

Reaction score
Hi, I have just started doing B/S gels since July and I love it I have never had any problems till now and its stressing me out. I had a client today and I have done her nails twice previously with gel and twice they lifted within a week she says they chipped so then she couldn't resist but peel some of them off, when they lifted the 1st time I redone them the 2nd time for free assuming it was my fault then she came into me today and said they lifted after 4 days I asked her how exactly they came off and she said 1 or 2 chipped and 1 bubbled in the ctr and there was still 3 she didn't peel or pick at. She said maybe its the thyroid medication she takes she never mentioned this before to me and that she has also rhuemtard artrithis could this be the reason why they are lifting? oh I forgot to mention her nails are ridged and she smoothed out the ridges herself with a buff I told her she shouldn't have done that and I explained to her that her medication could be the cause. What do you think??? Help! She is the 1st client to have trouble and I feel bad as though its my fault then I question myself cause no-one else has these problems:confused:

I've definately read that any medications for thyroid directlly affect any nail enhancements.....that's most definately the problem, especially if you have other clients with no problems. Everyone is different and not all gels are for everyone.....but I've specifically heard that thyroid meds affect this.

I had this happen with a Client, I switched her to flexi gel instead of s gel and it lasted much longer. She was on meds so I was thinking it was that but then I realised she had a habit of squeezing the ends of her nails with her mouth and finger and this was causing the problem as the s gel wasn't bending with the squeezing. It was a habit she was unaware she was doing so asking her to stop was not the solution. Why not try flexi gel. It is definitely how she is treating the nails if you are not having problems with other clients. If she picks her nails off she is definately a fiddler! Charge her for repair as she is causing the damage! Also if that doesn't work if i remember correctly sculpture gel is recommended for ridged nails as a base.

I would definately suggest that her medication has something to do with it .. especially if all your other sets are staying on with no problems and like the other tech said, it sounds like she is a picker. I would maybe suggest that she comes to you more regularly too so that will (a) either make her look after them properly and (b) it will enable you to keep an eye on them. Sometimes when you threaten this, they suddenly look after them better !!
But to get back to your main point ... don't be thinking you have lost your touch !!! Stay positive ... am pretty sure it will be her medication that is causing the problems ... or she has very oily nail beds?? Have you noticed that they are more oily than others? That could be something to do with it???
HTH x:)x

Hi I have had to take thyroid medication in the past and it really does make your nails act differently. I am also a picker so everyones worst nail client, hardly ever do mine now (use the excuse of doing facials and massage). I use calgel which is similar and I wouldn't expect my nails to last a week due to the medication and the uncontrolable urge to pick. It is always good to look at our own work for faults but sometimes its not our work at fault its medication or clients behaviour.:hug:

Annie x

Me too! I have to take thyroxine and most things don't stay on me too well either...gel, acrylic, shellac, normal polish...they all peel or lift within a few days...:cry:.

But on a positive it makes me so thorough in the way I apply all of the above to other's nails!

Thank you so much for all the replies it makes me feel somehow I'm not on my own, this has made me realise even though i'm doing something I love it can also make me feel a bit crappy to because everyone isn't the same. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions in the future thanks for all the tips I will definately try flexi-gel and sculpture gel. I did mention to her that medications can have effects on the nails and its possible thats why they lift but I don't think she was really listening to me. Thanks again really appreciate it. I'm new to this salon geek so I hope this is right what I'm doing!

Latest posts

Back