Bio Sculpture gel thick, gloopy, bumpy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lila22

Reaction score
Hi, i have looked for an answer and cant find really what i need to know, I have just done my nails with a colour i have used in the past (same pot) and it has gone on different! Last time i used it on my nails it went on great with that glass like finish, smooth and flat looking, I done them on thursday and it seemed a bit thicker in the pot, and when ive done them and put topcoat on they have almost a bumpy thick look almost like there is dints in the gel but there isnt. Just wondered if this is maybe as the gel is too thick? has this happened to anyone before?
Thanks for any answers xx

Yes ive had this and its usually associated with when the pot has been exposed to heat (radiator or some other source of heat) or UV light....

Yes ive had this and its usually associated with when the pot has been exposed to heat (radiator or some other source of heat) or UV light....
Thanks for reply, will they go back to normal or once they have thickened is that it? will be so careful when using and storing them now. xx

When i used bio i noticed that some of the colours thickened quite considerably as they got older.

Try applying it really thinly but with more coats.
I think if its thick and you put it on normally, it doesnt cure very well and gives a bad finish.

Once they are thick they stayed thick.

It was suggested to me that I add a little clear gel (which is quite thin) to a pot of mine that had gone thick. It did loosened it up.

You could try mixing a little first to try.

If it has lumps in it it does sound as if some of the gel has cured so they will need to be take out of the pot.

Thanks girls, I have put it on as i normally would but as its gone thick it's turned out like this, I'm away this weekend but will be checking all my pots when I'm back and try a bit with the clear gel. Thanks for all your advice :) x

I've just a bit of clear gel before and its worked wonders.

Latest posts

Back