Bio sculpture gel tinted black.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretty&pampered

Reaction score
Hi all, i need a bit of advice, i have done a clear gel overlay on a friend of mine she hasn't got any problem at all with lifting or anything else.

The problem is that the gel looks a bit grubby almost like they have a slight black tinge to them. She works in an office and i'm wondering if it could be ink off paper that is doing this. I have used bio scultpure gel.

If so is there anything i could do to stop this.

Cheers

Hiya,
Are you making sure that you cap the nail round the edges. If not dirt gets under the gel layer and makes the enhancements look grubby.

hiya, yeah the nails are capped its not under the nail more on top.

Perhaps if you applied a top coat over the gel, This could then be removed when she is not working ,Thats if it is ink getting onto the nails

hiya lell

ive just realized it was you who answered i havent logged on here for ages, strange how your the first one to answer my question!!!!

Yep just looked at your profile lol And realised that its you Stacy.
Been a while babes xxxxxxx

Bio & Calgel are both porus so it could well be that the enhancements are absorbing the ink... I agree with lellipop... top coat her. :)

ya know i think it is beacause im forgetting to put a top coat on. that could be it.

hope all is well with you lell. i am posting from work which ii should be doing be hey ho never mind.

love to you all geek. i off from this job ( Boring) to go work on my passion tomorrow xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Stacey,

The Bio product is like a bubble gum texture so will pick up the muck quickly from the likes of newspapers etc., Do you have the top coat in the gel format - the sealer gel? This will help protect the gel for approx 5 days then advise your clients to wipe over with the cleanser and put a layer of the top coat on.

The cleanser will take any grubbiness away. I had a client who was entertaining one evening and was making an Indian meal and all the spices turned her nails yellow.... she told me that before she called me she had scrubbed them and soaked her hand in neat bleach
icon_eek.gif
!!! but the cleanser did bring it out - phew!

However, this is the reason that I started looking at other products, I was/am disappointed with the french (which is what my clients generally want on their finger nails)

Think the product is fab for the colours and especially on toes - but as far as the french goes (or clear or light colours) they do look grubby very quickly and clients do need to continue with the at home kit to keep them looking their best. I always give an after care kit to my clients on their first visit to me to encourage them to exercise the at home after care....

Hiya
To me it sounds as if the topcoat (if there was any applied) need changing. Always finish the appointment by using topcoat. Not only is it nice and shiney. It helps to protect the overlays. Get your client to change it every weekend or so.

I've got french on, whilst one of my clients were drying her topcoat under the lamp, I decided to change my topcoat quickly (I've got french on). She saw the difference it made and immediately bought a cleanser and top coat from me!

Have you tried the new clear gel? Its called the S-gel. Meant to be more reslient than the clear gel. Find out from your local suppliers about it.

Goodluck.

I agree with the bubblegum & porous theory

I was using Bio gel, but gave up with it. It kept going off colour and/or peeling off. The soak off was also becoming a pain, as the clients then had to pay for new sets, which meant that I did infact lose some of them.

You could try a non soak-off sealer gel. Maybe that would do the trick?

Lucy

vino blanco said:
I agree with the bubblegum & porous theory

I was using Bio gel, but gave up with it. It kept going off colour and/or peeling off. The soak off was also becoming a pain, as the clients then had to pay for new sets, which meant that I did infact lose some of them.

You could try a non soak-off sealer gel. Maybe that would do the trick?

Lucy

Wecome to the Nail Geek site Lucy. The off-colour scenario with bio sculpture mostly occurs when clients do not do their maintenance, i.e change their top coat on a weekly basis etc. Peeling off occurs when the gel is is applied too thinly or clients not regularly using gloves to take care of the overlays. For me, clients are fine about soak offs; which is about every 2nd or 3rd infill.
Personally, I am quite happy with the product.

ADiva1 said:
Personally, I am quite happy with the product

Same goes for me too.

I have not come across any discolouration of the product, but agree with Andrea that it is important to ensure that the top coat is removed and replaced on a weekly basis to prevent such an occurence.

hi ya

bio HATES newspaper ink too .....i found that out on my own nails.

i have found discolouration / yellowing with the french - made worse by sunbeds etc.

95% of my customers now have there own nails and bio now so.......that speaks for itself really doesnt it!!

Amb x

Hi

I have found that if your clients use creative supershiney as their top coat the French stays much brighter and whiter.

I am very happy with biosculpture especially their new s gel.

Latest posts

Back