Bio Sculpture Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautydan

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was just wondering how you get on with bio sculpture gel with clients. And the method you use? I have people who can last 4 weeks without having a problem and the occasional ones who last about a week and 5 days befor 'problems' start occurring. Was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with me please? Being mobile I don't get to talk to many other technicians x

Hi, I'm like you. I qualified back in February and it's been a bumpy ride. It's been very frustrating. I've got clients that go 3 to 4 weeks and clients that are lucky to last a week. I lightly buff the nails, go round cuticles with tooth pick, dual cleanse thoroughly and seal tips. I've tried scrub fresh which has improved my success but not completely. Loosing heart :-(. Any other suggestions out there.

Hi,
I've been doing bio for nearly 2 years now.
At first I was very disheartened with it not lasting on some clients and I almost gave up.
My advice is to persevere because it's an amazing product. I now work in a salon where Bio is our most popular treatment by far and I have to use their method. We lightly buff the nail and apply an NSI bonding agent. I know it's not advised to mix systems like this but it really works and we rarely get clients that do not last the full 3 weeks. At home I use scrub fresh and nail fresh which also works well.
Also bare in mind that no nail enhancement is indestructible and some clients just don't look after their nails and it's not always the product or anything you have done.
Keep at it!
Xxx

Hi, I'm like you. I qualified back in February and it's been a bumpy ride. It's been very frustrating. I've got clients that go 3 to 4 weeks and clients that are lucky to last a week. I lightly buff the nails, go round cuticles with tooth pick, dual cleanse thoroughly and seal tips. I've tried scrub fresh which has improved my success but not completely. Loosing heart :-(. Any other suggestions out there.

I qualified about 3 years ago, which is a little disheartening! Exactly the same as me then. I do the same procedure as you also. I don't use the s gel as I found too many people had lifting. So I stick with flexi and sealer gel. Don't loose heart, we will beat this together lol! Thank you for replying xx :p

Hi,
I've been doing bio for nearly 2 years now.
At first I was very disheartened with it not lasting on some clients and I almost gave up.
My advice is to persevere because it's an amazing product. I now work in a salon where Bio is our most popular treatment by far and I have to use their method. We lightly buff the nail and apply an NSI bonding agent. I know it's not advised to mix systems like this but it really works and we rarely get clients that do not last the full 3 weeks. At home I use scrub fresh and nail fresh which also works well.
Also bare in mind that no nail enhancement is indestructible and some clients just don't look after their nails and it's not always the product or anything you have done.
Keep at it!
Xxx

Thank you for replying :p Its so strange...and disheartening when some people last weeks and others barely a week! I will keep preserving. What gel do you use to seal everything at the end, if you don't mind me asking please?

Like you said they are not indestructible...and whether clients tell us the full truth or not, we will never know! I appreciate you replying lots, thank you :) xxx

I use S gel as a finishing gel.

It is really disheartening and strange And for ages I used to give myself a really hard time over it. But I've now come to accept that some people are really heavy on their hands and will always have problems.
As gels go Bio does wear well and I have clients who have tried lots and Bio works best for them.
Don't lose hope x

I use S gel as a finishing gel.

It is really disheartening and strange And for ages I used to give myself a really hard time over it. But I've now come to accept that some people are really heavy on their hands and will always have problems.
As gels go Bio does wear well and I have clients who have tried lots and Bio works best for them.
Don't lose hope x

Thank you.
Some people just don't get on with gel, it's so hard when your a therapist as you find it difficult to switch off from your work. Like you say, give yourself a hard time over it. Thanks ago for your help, it's much appreciated x

i have been doing bio since oct last year, i too had problems at the beginning but sought help and now ALL my clients go a minimum of 3 weeks...i tend to use clear, colour and sgel, uv top coat for all clients and dont have a problem. occasionally i use flexi but not very often. the one true wonder product though is SCRUBFRESH, i could not do without it and dry prep.

hth

i have been doing bio since oct last year, i too had problems at the beginning but sought help and now ALL my clients go a minimum of 3 weeks...i tend to use clear, colour and sgel, uv top coat for all clients and dont have a problem. occasionally i use flexi but not very often. the one true wonder product though is SCRUBFRESH, i could not do without it and dry prep.

hth

Thank you for reply. I think I'm going to trial a few different ways on myself, that way if they stay on...and I'm doing nails I can't be doing too bad!
I'm going to sound incredibly dim now, but what is scrubfresh exactly, is it CND?

Thanks x

Yes Scrubfresh is CND. Great product. I find most of my clients have less problems with 1xclear 2xcolour 1xsealer 1xUV gel. I only have a couple of S gel clients...

Fantastic! Will have a look into that! Do you have to have trained with CND to be able to purchase the scrubfresh?

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it!

I also have most clients who easily go 3-4 weeks with no lifting, one has even managed to go 6 weeks although they looked awful as she had Midnight Blue overlays!

But I have 2 ladies that can only just go 2 weeks, and I have tried every single trick and method from the Bio girls on Salon Geek!

At the moment one has clear, clear, colour, colour and clear, the other clear, colour, colour, sealer, and I also use Scrubfresh on everyone!

It's very frustrating, but I know it isn't me as 99% of my clients have no problems at all.. but I'm sure those 2 ladies don't believe it!

Hi, I use flexi gel as my finishing gel is sealer gel better and if so why?
I love this forum it's so hopeful and it always makes you feel better that you're not the only one that has had problems as sometimes I've thought it's me and that this trade isn't for me. I'm always very harsh and critical of my work. Thank you ladies for giving me hope. Lol xxx

One more question I've seen somebody else mention NSI bonding. If you use something like that is it harder to remove the gel? As my worst fear would be I couldn't get it the off clients hands and damage their nails? What's the process of using this? Thanks for your advice x

Hi Dainty Digits,

I use sealer for nail art, and as it's flexible, on those ladies with very soft flexible nails that have not had success with S-Gel or Flexi Gel.

It is not better or worse than any other finishing gel, it is just more suited to some types of nails over other finishing gels.

As frustrating as it can be, sometimes it can take a few visits until you find the perfect combination of gels to suit certain people until you one that works for them.
I would also suggest you keep clear records of all the steps and gels used each visit so you can refer back, it is easy to forget what you have tried between visits!!

I have no idea about the NSI Bonding, I'll leave that for another Geek

Hiya,
The NSI bonder ( think its called balance bond) just temporarily dehydrates the nail and leaves a slightly sticky surface for the gel to adhere too.
I haven't found it makes the gel any harder to remove.
:) x

I also have most clients who easily go 3-4 weeks with no lifting, one has even managed to go 6 weeks although they looked awful as she had Midnight Blue overlays!

But I have 2 ladies that can only just go 2 weeks, and I have tried every single trick and method from the Bio girls on Salon Geek!

At the moment one has clear, clear, colour, colour and clear, the other clear, colour, colour, sealer, and I also use Scrubfresh on everyone!

It's very frustrating, but I know it isn't me as 99% of my clients have no problems at all.. but I'm sure those 2 ladies don't believe it!

Impressive on the 6 weeks! But like you said, the regrowth must of looked interesting lol! I know! People just don't believe you some times. Like you say it's about trial and error with regards to which process works. I note the process down already, as I sometimes have a memory of a fish!

I think I will have to invest in some scrubfresh! Thank you for your help, it really is appreciated!

Hi, I use flexi gel as my finishing gel is sealer gel better and if so why?
I love this forum it's so hopeful and it always makes you feel better that you're not the only one that has had problems as sometimes I've thought it's me and that this trade isn't for me. I'm always very harsh and critical of my work. Thank you ladies for giving me hope. Lol xxx

I'm exactly the same. But this forum definitely gives me hope!! I think I'm going to invest in some scrubfresh for sure, trial it on myself and then see what happens :) thanks for replying xx

I find the sanitizer from bio sculpture better than their dual cleanse for wiping over the nail plate.

Like the rest of you I thought I would never get on with bio sculpture but you get there in the end.

My routine is vit dose, exec base, clear, colour x2, clear, uv gel top coat. And none of my clients have lifting.

Keep at it!
Xxx

Exactly right. Products are not indestructible.

From years of experience in the beauty industry, you can sit there and beat yourself up about clients' nails and sometimes it is nothing you are doing wrong. If it was, then everyone's nails would not last!

Biosculpture is a good product, but it does not suit everyone.

Scrubfresh to cleanse the nails instead of Biosculpture's green sanitiser and dual cleanse is better (to me).

Latest posts

Back