Bio Sculpture LED lamp burning fingers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmJ

Reaction score
Help!!

I've had my LED lamp since xmas and apart from coming to the conclusion that it is amazing on 90% of my clients nails, there are a few it just doesn't seem to work on and i have gone back to uv on those clients.

Last monday i did a set of french gels on a client i have been going to around every 4 weeks for about 6 months. I always do 2 coats of clear, 2 french white, and when i was using uv i did 2 coats of sgel, now in the led i do 2 coats of sealer gel.

I have just received a picture message from the client of a burn/blister on her finger, probably about an inch long starting from about 2-3mm above her cuticle and ending at her knuckle. She says she thinks it could be from the lamp as it started on tuesday and has got slowly worse ever since, she has been to the chemist who has told her to use hydrocortisone cream and it has started improving. She said a couple of her other fingers have blistered slightly too.

I have used the led lamp on her before, maybe 2-3 times and she has never had a problem. She hasnt changed medication or products.Apart from that the only thing i can think that i did differently was a couple of 60 second cures.

So confused and i do that sometimes for most of my clients just to make sure its getting enough time, was told by a lady at biosculpture that it wouldnt hurt to do 60 second cures and they can be quite good for fidgety clients to keep them in the lamp.

Would be grateful of any ideas from anyone, am going to email the picture to biosculpture and ask for any advice. Would have thought that if anything, the UV lamp would be able to do more damage to the skin, wasnt even aware led could do that?!

I could be wrong here but logic says if it has just happened on this one client, then it's not the lamp.
It more than likely that she touched something hot with those fingers but she didn't register right there and then that it burned her fingers and over days the blistering has become apparent.
If it happened in the lamp and it got hot enough to cause blistering, she would have felt that right there and then and it would be on all fingers.
Logic also says that if it was the lamp, the entire area would be burned...all around her cuticles, her sidewalls, the back of her hand etc, not just in one small patch on a couple of fingers.

I don't know what the BIO LED looks like on the inside but I know what my LED looks like and many others and I just can't see anyway that it could burn like she is saying.

Yes I have spoken to BioSculpture and they have told me there's no way it was the lamp. If anything it could be a product but I'm struggling to think as I haven't used anything different on her!! Agree totally that if it could have been the lamp it would be over the whole area that had been exposed to it!! Xx

If anything it could be a product but I'm struggling to think as I haven't used anything different on her!!

I can't say what caused the blister , as I don't know and I'm not qualified to know :)

but just wanted to say overexposure is just that , and if its the product that caused the reaction then it wouldn't be because you changed something or used a different product this time.

It would be from getting un cured product on the skin repeatedly ,possibly over many treatments .

Maybe when you are removing the inhibition layer you are wiping the nail from free edge back to word her hand and it got to her finger? IYSWIM .

I am hoping you have been taught that most near every product you are using can cause allergies if improperly used??

Please take a read of the article link below.
science topic: allergies

I'm not saying it definitely is a reaction. But it sounds suspiciously like it...

Hths

Maybe when you are removing the inhibition layer you are wiping the nail from free edge back to word her hand and it got to her finger? IYSWIM .

Deffo this isn't the case as i always wipe downwards. Xx

I am hoping you have been taught that most near every product you are using can cause allergies if improperly used??

Please take a read of the article link below.
science topic: allergies

I'm not saying it definitely is a reaction. But it sounds suspiciously like it...

Hths

Hi, yes I am aware allergies can happen at any time. Is it possible that the blister could have traveled an inch up the finger or would it normally be just around the cuticle?

Do you think then it is better to not do the treatment on her anymore as it could have been any of the products I used and will almost certainly happen again.

Thinking about it now. , I have a client who has manicures who developed a reaction to acrylics after having them for years, we tried gels and they had a reaction too. Maybe it's not meant to be?! Xx

Have a read of the article. It will explain why you acrylic client also reacted to gel.

Yes allergies can be anywhere on the finger. If she has a habit of wiping or if its a much used finger (such as pointer or thumb) then she could be wiping it across and creating the irritation. It certainly is most common around cuticle area as this is easily overexposed.

I have seen nail techs whose first symptoms appeared on their face or even their neck without any sign on fingers...

What products are you using? I can use shellac, IBD just gel, Brisa lite, and a few others, but Gelish causes swelling and blisters on my fingers. I'd bet money she is allergic to the product. Now when I try anything new, I test it right in the middle of my pinky nail. No touching of the cuticle is even chanced. I've a few things I've had to give away, and I keep benadryl cream and oral Zyrtec for the itching.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I only use BioSculpture products hun, she must have become allergic to one of them, my guess is maybe dual cleanser as that's more likely to have had more contact with the skin??

I have text her explaining the situation and waiting fir a reply! Xx

Latest posts

Back