Bio Sculpture users, some help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenlovesnails

Reaction score
hi everyone,

i have used bio sculpture now for about 5 yrs. just having a problem with one client and wondered if anyone could help?

this client has had her gels done for about 3 yrs and always goes for french nno. recently, the last 2-3 apts she is having a lot of lifting and all of a sudden some are coming off. she has them infilled every 2.5 weeks and they have always been fine. i am not doing anything differently and nor is she from what shes said. when i go back to her there is like a mottled look in the middle of each nail where it is lifting.

i have tried using sealer gel instead of clear but does not seem to make any difference.

please help as she is thinking of not having them done any more and i would like to be able to give her some help as to what is going on.!!

also one hand is better than the other, so that doesnt make sense either!

thanks, much appreciated!

Hey hun
Can I ask does your lamp need a new bulb?, also is your client using a handcream which could be causing her these problems? or is she removing her topcoat with a acetone based remover as this could cause a mottled effect, do you cure a whole hand at once? try curing two fingers at a time.
It does sound as though shes doing something that she shouldn't be doing with her nails lol.

hth
Sue x

she says she is doing none of these things. and i have just got a new lamp and i already do 2 fingers at a time!

any other suggestions?!!

please anyone else can anyone help?

im really stumped with this client!!

Has she become menopausal.

Hi is the new lamp from bio sculpture and is it a 9v bulb? Also do you use two lamps that would explain why one hand is better than the other.

i use one lamp so they are both getting the same light. it is a daylight lamp which is new. if it was my lamp all my clients would be having this problem surely.

i cant understand its just this one client!!

It could be a new cream etc, maybe even face cream, if the hand that is worse is her dominant hand. You tend to use one hand more than the other in everyday living.

If she has had bio sculpture for 3 years and no problems, then she has been proven to be a good client that does not pick ect. If it was a problem with the product I would expect both hand to be the same.:eek:

Is the pot of gel your using new? If it is there could be something wrong with it, your distributor will be able to look into. or could the pot have been contaminated with solution etc?
Maybe have a word with them aswell....they might have some suggestions.

hope it gets resolved.

Does this happen with just infills or does it happed with a fresh application after soak off also?

I was given advise as I had a lifting problem client. I was told to almost stipple the clear base gel onto natural nail as this would kind of push it into the buffed nail & maybe grip more. I was also told to try letthe nails be free of gel for a day or so before fresh application. I can't remember why tho :/

I feel your stress! Have you called BS yet?

x

thanks everyone for your help!

i applied a new set last time as we were having so many problems and it has done the same thing as when i did an infill.

i havent called bio sculpture yet, i have to say i dont find them that helpful over things like this. why i came on here to ask everyone!!

Hi. I really think you are just as well asking your distributor/educator for advice. I have always found them to be very helpful - it is in their best interest for you to be getting the best out of your product. Good Luck
x

It sounds like there must be some change in her life since you're doing everything the same and having usual results with other clients.

The only thing I can add is that I had a client who started getting lifting out of nowhere and we couldn't figure it out. At the time she was having light treatments and injections for her eyes (macular degeneration). When she stopped having treatments, her problem magically went away. They stay on for a good 4 weeks like they used to.

Another tip is to use sculpting gel as your base layer. It helps with some clients who have problems. Then there are some ppl who just don't get on with soak-offs, but she used to so it seems a mystery!

I've been using Bio for 9 years now. I know how you must feel with this problem specially as she is a very good regular client. This case sounds to me like there's been moisture on nails before applying gel however there could be several factors why the gel is not sticking onto nail. All the points have been made are true but there could be so many others to start thinking about that you obviously not experienced. We all learn from our own mistakes, if your lamp is new and the client is not doing anything diferent then there's definitely something that is causing the lifting. These might be helpful factors for you to consider:

• Are nails completly dried (dehydrated) after applying your nail steriliser?
  • After applying cuticle remover, pushing cuticles and clients washing hands, are hands and nails completly dried?
  • Its your gel brush completly sterilised and dry before application?
  • Are hands in lamp for the correct time?
  • Its the gel applied too thin or too thick?
  • Are client's hands making contact with her face during treatments? Residue of make up on surface of nails can cause the gel lifting.
  • Does your client smoke? Nicotine can encorage gel on nails to lift.
  • Is the client touching her nails constantly while you are filling them as these can icorporate natural oils onto nails prior to application
Anyway I hope these points help. They might be a little bit too much to think about but believe me they are so important to consider before applying gels. I wish you the very best of luck and I hope this problem gets sorted as soon as possible for you and the benefits of your client.

Latest posts

Back