Bio Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alluretan

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum.
I would like some opinions on Bio Sculpture System
I am looking into doing the course with them, but want to make sure that it is the right one for me.
Is somebody here using this system and making living out of it?
The course is quite expensive nearly £700 for 2.5 days (the price does include the starter kit)Thank you

Last edited:
I do Bio nails, and do love the colours, there range is just fab. But it is very expensive and am looking into using a cheaper option such as Le Chat. However, I do find people look for Bio nails in particular when looking for a gel tech, so I will never stop using Bio just may use Le Chat to those who don't mind what gel. I don't have many regulars at the moment, especially now, but when I get more regulars I will try and convert them over.

My advice is to look around. I didn't really, I just knew Bio nails were good and went straight into converting with them (I was already qualified). I probably wouldn't have done it this time round as would have done more research into other brands.

Good luck in whatever you chose. x

I use Calgel which is very similar to Bio Sculpture, I really enjoyed the course and their customer service is excellent. They are really helpful when i call for help and orders are always with me by the next day. They have a good range of colours but I have heard Bio have more, but i'm happy with what they have. My 2 day course was approx 300 inc kit although it was a bit cheaper as I booked it at the show in Edinburgh. It is definitely worth looking at all the different companies tho before you do your training. Anything you want to know give me a shout x

Hi I am just about to take my bio assessment this month and then hopefully get started. Bio is expensive but I really love the product. I find the silk overlays a dream compared to when I trained years ago. However you can definitely do this service cheaper if you shop around. Please note that you need more than the kit to offer the service to clients so you need quite an investment. There is a girl near me who just does bio but I do not know how well she does - however if you promote and work hard over time you may do very well especially if you are working PT with it.:hug:

My advice is to look around. I didn't really, I just knew Bio nails were good and went straight into converting with them (I was already qualified). I probably wouldn't have done it this time round as would have done more research into other brands.

Good luck in whatever you chose. x

I agree, I didnt ,and jumped in after doing an intensive course thought I was putting my money in the right place.When I started advertising I had nothing but calls for acrylic,so my Bio kit just sat there whilst I concerntrated on the demand for acrylics in the mean time.

As mentioned before Bio is expensive , but does have a lovely range of colours, but how many colours do you need to start? you could get carried away!!

It has been discussed on here before that Bio isnt very stronge over tips, what if you have someone that wants extensions? Ok there is a newish gel out called Free edge gel , but then thats another course after already paying out the £400 odd .

Id also like to point Bio have a minimum order fee, so that can be a pain ,unless you have a Bio near by where you can collect it from.I also felt I recieved bad customer service sometimes from them so Ive now done a conversion elsewhere,nearly £2000 , 2 years later I finally feel Im putting my money in the right place!

I assume youll be looking at training in Fleet?

Thank you. Yes I live near Fleet is so Bio Sculpture is only down the road from me.
Can you recommend any other similar courses? I have only one day manicure and pedicure course, so i need quite a bit of trainning Im a novice ;)
If the trainning was at weekend I do not mind to do bit of traveling.
Thank you for all your replies

I have been qualified with Bio Sculpture for almost 8 years and I managed to understand the benefits of it after nearly 2 years working with it. Nowadays, I think its a vry good system to apply over natural nails but not strong enough over tips. However I got some other choices of gel in my salon for my clients to satisfy their needs. IBD is a fantastic gel system I offer as well and its a very strong one, never had problems with the gel itself nevertheless I wouldnt apply it over natural nails.

Bio has its benefits but I don't offer colour gels as like stated before they can be very expensive and you'll have to be very good at chosing the right ones for your customers or you may find out they can sit on your desk for ages and its money not recovered. I only offer clear and whites Bio overlay and had very good responses from clients, salon is busy with my choices and thats what's important. As long as your clients are happy, you need to watch your expenses in order to make money. Hope this help:)

Latest posts

Back