Bio VS IBD

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geminidayspa

Reaction score
i am currently using bio and wanted to explore my options with different gels. I love bio because it does not wreck your nail and there is no harsh filling on natural nail before applying. i am trying to find info on the ibd gel but wanted to know if ibd was as gentle as bio on the nails? I have taken other brands off new clients and there nails where a mess. any comments would be appreciated. Thanks so much gemini

i am currently using bio and wanted to explore my options with different gels. I love bio because it does not wreck your nail and there is no harsh filling on natural nail before applying. i am trying to find info on the ibd gel but wanted to know if ibd was as gentle as bio on the nails? I have taken other brands off new clients and there nails where a mess. any comments would be appreciated. Thanks so much gemini

Hiya

I have used Bio Sculpture gel and i quite liked it too but it had nothing to do with it apparently not wrecking your nails...:lol:

There is no reason at all to harsh file nails no matter what system you are using....and no products wreck nails.

IBD is a completely different gel to Bio...its much harder and not as flexible....this isn't a bad thing as its very strong and great for clients who are hard on there nails or would like them longer.

HTH x

Hi - IBD gels boast that they won't lift, peel, yellow or crack. They are self leveling, have been Dermatology tested and are a cool cure gel. They can also be removed by thining and then soaked - and these are the original gels i'm speaking of. I use both for clients that want a soak off gel but prefer IBD to Bio for tips because they seem to last longer on my heavy handed peeps!! :lol:

That article was very helpful thanks so much!!!! Now i understand a little bit more about gel as i am new at this.
Thank again
Gemini

I seem to recall hearing about a standard file-off as well as a soak-off by ibd. The soak off is next on my list to try! If I come across any more information, I'll pass it on :)

I seem to recall hearing about a standard file-off as well as a soak-off by ibd. The soak off is next on my list to try! If I come across any more information, I'll pass it on :)

The standards will also come off once you've thinned them a bit with bio gel remover or IBD's own remover. I use the wrap method and they crumble off after 10-15 mins, only buff off any remaining gel with a white block or equivalent.

Hi,
Ibd is good. I was trained with IBD and love it... but I was trying to get some BIO because the colours are so much better. But IBD have bought out a lot more colours in the saok off range.. I have ordered them and are waiting with baited gel brush!...Will let you know how i go,.
X Mel

Latest posts

Back