Biosculpture nail polish and sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weezie

Reaction score
https://skillsology.com/course/details/Beauty-Scho
Two questions please.

The first one is that on the course I was taught for sculpting to do:
Prep
One layer of clear, cure
Free edge gel overlapping natural free edge slightly and cure
S-gel cure
Then what ever effect you want over the top e.g two layers of cured colour and finish with required top gel

My question is can you use silk to make the structure stronger as the free edge gel on its own seems quite a flimsy structure or does the gel over the top give it enough strength?

Second question is I am going to buy some more polish and was thinking does anyone use bio sculpture polish for their natural nail manicures and not just over the gel? I think the polish seems nice on testing it but is it good on a natural nail over time? I just think it would make sense to stock just one polish line although I am going to miss my China Glaze.

Just found something in the training manual about using silk for nail biters but is there any reason not to add strength with silk to all sculptures?

My course included the use of silk.

We were taught how to use silk for nail repairs but not sculptures!

Im sure on the bio website they have a demo of a silk sculpt.I know Zingara has done this way of sculpting with bio.I think she has a picture in her gallery of a set of silk sculpts.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :D is this better than using free edge gel? Why would you choose one over the other on a nail that has a reasonable free edge? This seems like it would be stronger as the silk covers more of the nail than the free edge gel would. On a nail biter when sculpting with free edge gel could you add a silk overlay as well?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back