Bit confused about qualifications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyLove

Reaction score
Hiya!

I'm new so I hope I picked an okay section to post this in! I've been looking at qualifications in beauty and nails and I would like to eventually be qualified to do beauty treatments and nail treatments with the aim of running my own business (after getting experience first).

I don't really understand how it works though. I'd like to NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy but I don't really want to do Level 3 as I don't fancy learning massages etc but id really like to be able to do nails too. I thought about maybe the plan could be to do a nail NVQ. Would I have to do Level 2 Nails before I can do Level 3 Nails or would the nail stuff in the Beauty NVQ qualify me to skip Level 2 nails?

So would it be like:
Level 2 Beauty Therapy
Level 3 Nails
OR
Level 2 Beauty
Level 2 Nails
Level 3 Nails

Or would Level 3 Beauty be more important career wise?

Sorry for the massive ramble and if I'm being cheeky asking but I just can't get my head round it!

Thanks xx

if i was you i would do level 2 and 3 beauty because most salons only employ you with both of these. and then i think you have to do level 2 nails but you don't have to do manicure and pedicure because you should cover them in level 2 beauty and then level 3 nails is the more advanced nail treatments (this should be correct all colleges differ )

Hope this is helpful :)

Although I personally did:

1. Level 2 Nails
  2. Level 3 Nails
  3. Level 2 Beauty
  4. Level 3 Beauty

I didn't necessarily need to do it in this order. My love of nails started me off and then I moved over to beauty too. The girls who did Level 2 Beauty with me then moved straight over to Level 3 Nails as they already had manicure and pedicure from Beauty. They then trained in fibreglass, gels and l&p (acrylic) with Nails.

Hope that makes some sense.

Do level 3 in both if you can :)

Different colleges will have different entry requirements in that some will ask for level 2 nails so that you can do level 3 nails wheras other colleges will accept you for level 3 nails witg level 2 beauty as that covers mani and pedi anyway.

I found out what treatments i enjoyed doing by taking all of these courses so it was definitely worth it as it widens your employment opportunities.

I didnt do nails but a friend on my course did so she did level 2 beauty then level 3 beauty whilst doing an evening course at the same time to complete her nail course.

Thank you everybody for your replies! You've helped me understand it a lot better :D

Latest posts

Back