Bit of a long one but need a rant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsRus

Reaction score
Hi lovely people,
Just need some advice on how to handle this client.
She came to me about a year ago and became a regular she was getting 3 - 4 weeks out of her nails. she booked in one day and when I got there she had removed them herself I asked her how and she said she had gone to the chemist bought the stuff and did them just like I do . Didn't really say any more about it as she changed the subject I was a bit put out as then couldn't charge her as much because I hadn't removed anyway this went on until after another 3 visits I noticed her nails were soft and there were obvious signs of her removing her own gels by pulling them off so I asked to see what she was removing them with she came out with nail polish remover so I explained no never you must use acetone and she asked if I could leave her a bit of mine which I stupidly did, at no extra charge :-( I then don't hear from her for a few months but hear she's slating me around town saying my gels damaged her nails.
Then about 8 weeks ago she texts me to do her nails which I do as I can't say no its one of my weaknesses :-( I tell her I must remove them as she caused damage doing them herself ect. After 5 days she texts to say she has a chip so over I go repair it and tell her again to let me know when she wants them removed. She doesn't! Last week she booked me in I go round there do them tell her again about the importance of professional removal she promises to get me in to remove them and I get a text last night she has a chip can i repair. I have plenty of regulars and friends and family who go weeks without a chip and it has to be her that gets one again.
I am after advice of what to do now I've told her ill repair it but I want to tell her as nicely as I can when I see her that it's not the gel for her anymore and good riddens lol
For those of you who didn't stop reading after the 100th line ;-) thank you xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I never charge for removal if the client is having the product back on at the same time. I find it encourages them to get me to remove it, I just build the cost into the service.

I only do repairs free of charge if it's within 4 days of the original application, after that they pay. I'd tackle her about her making her nails weak and bendy by bad removal, this will make them more prone to lifting and chips, make her aware its her fault not yours or the product.

If she bad mouths you again then I'd tell her that as a professional you can't perform treatments on someone that disrespects your training, professionalism and products and suggest she goes elsewhere.

You have to be strong with these types of clients as they will seek out any weakness you have and play on it. It might not be intentional but they are certainly of a type. You're the therapist, don't be led by the client.

Karaxxx

Your the therapist don't be led by the client brilliant shall remember that's one thanks honey xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back