Bit of a rant really!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyLouise1989

Reaction score
So I have a second job to keep me ticking over. Today has just really got me down, so I work in our local pub which I love normally. However like I've said it's really got me down, I was the only person on the bar as the floor staff got really busy with serving food, it wasn't majorly busy on the bar with around 4/5 people waiting, a customer decided to shout if I was the only member of staff serving, I apologised that I was but we've had a rush with food orders and I'd be with him as soon as possible, then he proceeded to moan that he had know lost his table and had to sit somewhere else, to which I apologised again! Anyway I eventually got round to him served his drink, exchanged money, went back gave him his change, for a second he went and then came back, said he gave me a £20 note to which I knew he gave me a £10 note, totally humiliated me in front of the whole pub, told me i was absolutely stupid & ridiculous, made me doubt myself anyway I got the till checked and counted and low and behold it wasn't £10 up like he suggested, so we explained to him that it wasn't, THEN he said that I had taken the £10 and pocketed it, that was the only way of explaining it. CCTV has been checked and it's clear as day that he had gave me
£10 AND he STILL wasn't happy with that, said he was going to call head office and the police etc, pahh! Feel like jacking it in even though I wasn't in the wrong

:(

Don't worry about it - jackasses like that exist and you cant let them make you feel any less than you really are.

I used to work for Greggs in Portsmouth when I was 18 (so 10 yrs ago) and I had a man pull this trick on me said he gave me £20 when I knew it was £10. He demanded the manager who came in and asked me what happened and I told her - well he claims he gave me £20 because he knew the change was for his sons swimming but I know it was only £10 becauser THERE ARE NO £20's in my till. As soon as she seen his face she knew his name and told him to bog off and stop trying to swindle people with his usual tricks.

At the end of the day, the till was counted, the camera was checked so you know you're not in the wrong so don't worry about it at all.

Thanks, I think it's just one of those days! Everything goes wrong haha

So I have a second job to keep me ticking over. Today has just really got me down, so I work in our local pub which I love normally. However like I've said it's really got me down, I was the only person on the bar as the floor staff got really busy with serving food, it wasn't majorly busy on the bar with around 4/5 people waiting, a customer decided to shout if I was the only member of staff serving, I apologised that I was but we've had a rush with food orders and I'd be with him as soon as possible, then he proceeded to moan that he had know lost his table and had to sit somewhere else, to which I apologised again! Anyway I eventually got round to him served his drink, exchanged money, went back gave him his change, for a second he went and then came back, said he gave me a £20 note to which I knew he gave me a £10 note, totally humiliated me in front of the whole pub, told me i was absolutely stupid & ridiculous, made me doubt myself anyway I got the till checked and counted and low and behold it wasn't £10 up like he suggested, so we explained to him that it wasn't, THEN he said that I had taken the £10 and pocketed it, that was the only way of explaining it. CCTV has been checked and it's clear as day that he had gave me
£10 AND he STILL wasn't happy with that, said he was going to call head office and the police etc, pahh! Feel like jacking it in even though I wasn't in the wrong

:(

One thing I would do when I worked in a busy bar, is put the note on top of the till and I didnt put it in until I took back the change and they checked it was correct. Then if they said I gave you a twenty I would turn around and show them it was on top of the till. This also stopped me forgetting what they had given me when I was working out the change.
Some people are just rude. Dont let it upset you. x

I've not worked in a pub or restaurant before but plenty of retail jobs and I've had so many people try it on and just make you feel like crying. I've always found public jobs like ours have days where your ontop of the world and days you just wish you could cower in bed. Just think you have your staff on your side to back you up. Also one thing I used to do is take the money, say "so that's £10" and then get the change and tell them how much change and thank you. So it kind of confirms it to them and any staff around. I did this a few times and one person tried it on and a staff member heard me say £10 and the woman dropped it straight away. I find it helps you know yourself so you don't doubt yourself. Hope you feel better..

Thanks ladies!

I've been called for an meeting with my manager over the incident, oh be Jesus :(

Latest posts

Back