Bit of a rant: what are "cheap nails"?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie-Liz

Reaction score
Hi geeks, but random really I have had a few people message my personal Facebook profile simply saying "do u do cheap nails?"
Does it bother anyone else when they get this? (If anyone else has these requests that is) Or am I a bit strange? I understand with it being Xmas people might want to try n save their cash so bargain hunt or be feeling the pinch but I just wonder what they are expecting in response, or from the actual service.

I don't even know if my reply was any good but I said "I'm sorry, but if you wanted to book an appointment before the new year I am fully booked at this time. Thanks, Julie" it's true I am not able to fit anyone in, with the kids off school and husband flat out working I'm struggling to find time. I still felt a bit confused by the question lol.
Cheers for reading xx

I personally find it offensive . I had a woman Saturday question the price of an eyebrow wax £5 as across the road is £3. 50 . Told her to go across the road lol .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

i would just reply no i dont do cheap nails, but i do natural looking good quality nails using genuine top products. i actually start ads sometimes with "im not the cheapest but ..." and cheapskates avoid me but it does attract a better quality client.

I would just reply that your fully booked until so and so date, and include your price list for future reference, it is annoying getting asked this, I do sympathise with people feeling the pinch but you need to make a living too xxx

I would have replied...
I don't do cheap nails however I do provide great nails, which is why I am now fully booked until the new year :green:

I'm just about to post this pic on my Facebook page showing clients what can happen when you choose cheap nails!

I too have been asked if I do cheap nails or been told that another salon is £5 cheaper than me!

I would much rather attract the sort of clientele that appreciates quality treatments than the bargain hunters.

Hopefully this will educate people of the dangers that can arise.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1419275777.719869.jpg

Thank you for the replies, I did tell them I was fully booked and left it at that. You can see that I use NSi and Shellac on my Facebook page, but to a non-pro it might not mean a thing I suppose. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds it offensive, felt like one of those people who sells counterfeit goods out of a car boot when they asked lol!

I hate when they question your prices, they will be bartering next lol.

That picture is absolutely terrifying. I'm sure it will get the message across. 😕

LFBB
Those are absolutely the worst nails I've ever seen 😳🙈
The nail tech should be shot

When I started up and someone questioned my prices (subtly or not) I used to try and encourage them to come in somehow or another. Now if they say they'd rather go somewhere else/it's too expensive I say 'No problem. Here's my price list for future reference. Many thanks.' If they're not willing to pay for therapist knowledge and quality treatments that's fine by me!!

LFBB
Those are absolutely the worst nails I've ever seen 😳🙈
The nail tech should be shot

I know! I actually decided against posting that picture on my page. Although I want to educate people, at the same time time I don't want to scare the life out of them in the process! I'm going to try and find something less terrifying to get the message across!

Latest posts

Back