Bitchiness in the workplace

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkles2011

Reaction score
Evening girls.

Well the title says it all really. I currently work in an office and bitchiness is rife. Always has been but is really getting to me at the minute.

Have been chatting with a friend who is a beaty therapist and she says she has found this in all salons she has worked in too. She also thinks BT is a particularly catty proffesion and i wonder what everyone else's views on this are?

I really can't understand why people cant just be nice to each other.

Sad face tonight at the prospect of a day in the office tomorrow and looking forward to being able to leave to pursue my dream of being a self employed therapist.

Sorry for the downbeat post :(

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I think where you get a lot of girls working together in a close knit environment bitchyness will always be rife. A shame but a lot of girls are like that.
The way I look at it though, if you are as friendly and genuine as possible, give everyone the time of day and don't suffer fools gladly you'll genuinely get on with everyone and if you still get bitchiness then let them get on with it, it's their prerogative and bitches always get what's coming to them (Look at Mean Girls! Lol).

Evening girls.

Well the title says it all really. I currently work in an office and bitchiness is rife. Always has been but is really getting to me at the minute.

Have been chatting with a friend who is a beaty therapist and she says she has found this in all salons she has worked in too. She also thinks BT is a particularly catty proffesion and i wonder what everyone else's views on this are?

I really can't understand why people cant just be nice to each other.

Sad face tonight at the prospect of a day in the office tomorrow and looking forward to being able to leave to pursue my dream of being a self employed therapist.

Sorry for the downbeat post :(

Oh my goodness I wrote a post identical to you a while ago-I'm in the same situation xx

It's a shame you both think this :-(

All the salons I've worked in, I've never experienced this. Some of my closest friends are who I used to work with. I temp every now & then at spas where there are loads of different therapists in all the time & we all get on just fine
X

Good advice thank you. I don't really let much rile me but am a very sensitive person to issues like this. Need to man up a bit I think!

I also don't think that a room full of ladies with PMT at varying times through the month helps either Lol :)

My number one rule in the salon is no bitching! I hate it. If something needs to be said, it is said. We are all very close and get on really well. I am very lucky to have such great staff x

As we are one big salon on Salon Geek you see it here quite frequently lol and it probably reflects life in the real salon/world and not just here in the cyber-salon.

You will always get the haters, the spiteful ones, the ones who like to tell you how it is whether you want to know it or not, the ones who are nice to your face and stab you in the back, the ones who are genuine, the negotiators, the aggressors, the defencive, the defendors, the victims, the drama queens, the comedians, the witty ones, the serious ones, ....... have I missed any off my list??

Don't be sad lovely, you clearly have a plan in your head to move on from there so just hold on to that and keep your head down.

And a smile on your face.

xx

Rachy86 I just read through your posts on this too and feel so upset for you. Has anything improved for you? It's an awful feeling when you feel you are being ganged up on isn't it. Luckily I do have good friends at work too but I still feel like jacking it all in. Only paying my rent keeps going back day by day x

Hi,
I work in an office too and it's very bitchy and gossipy - from my first day I decided I wasn't going to get involved - I just do my own thing, work hard and stay out of whatever they're doing/talking about and that's the best thing for me. It's stressful being involved in a gossipy culture and I don't want any part in it. I agree, bully types trip up in the end so just be yourself and stay strong and positive and try not to let it get to you :)

Wow I'm sorry to hear this ladies.

I didn't realise places were this bad

Jacquelineanna your post just made me giggle. I could put a face at my work to nearly every description you gave then lol

On a serious note you are completely right although my trouble is I'm not very good at standing my ground or defending myself in a positive way. I clam up and take it and then get angry with myself for being a pushover.

I can do no more than bide my time, keep a smile on my face and be the bigger person! x

My number one rule in the salon is no bitching! I hate it. If something needs to be said, it is said. We are all very close and get on really well. I am very lucky to have such great staff x

What goes on in my office (not just in my case) is tantamount to bullying in my view and to be on the receiving end is pretty miserable. I wish my bosses sat up and took notice but i work in a large office so we are all just a number really. I think its great that you nip it all in the bud before it can start x

Wow I'm sorry to hear this ladies.

I didn't realise places were this bad

Not all but definitely some. I've seen it all before but this is my first time on the receiving end of it unfortunately :( x

Hi,
I work in an office too and it's very bitchy and gossipy - from my first day I decided I wasn't going to get involved - I just do my own thing, work hard and stay out of whatever they're doing/talking about and that's the best thing for me. It's stressful being involved in a gossipy culture and I don't want any part in it. I agree, bully types trip up in the end so just be yourself and stay strong and positive and try not to let it get to you :)

Thanks honey I'm hoping it will all blow over very soon or she trips up over that gossipy tongue good and proper :) x

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek

I work in a office at the moment and its similar - not as bad as some places I have worked so now I just try to get on with my thing and count down the days till I can do my own thing and leave the office behind me :)

Latest posts

Back