Black colour lift HELP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedkandeehair

Reaction score
Howdy, tried to have my black colour lifted out at the weekend before having my new extensions fitted, wanted to just get to an Extensions colour Brown 2, the hairdresser I went to just did a full head of foils with 20, 30 amd 40 for 20mins under heat for 10...ended up with black with grey brown highlights and a few frazzled bits........tried to tone over myself with a brown home dye (I know please dont shout at me) but this hasn't done anything to the black but has toned the brown............Getting new extensions Thurs and want an alover colour to match, was going to go for a deep dark red, will this colour the black??? Was going to try to match to Extensions 66J

You need to go to a professional hairdresser,colour doesnt lift colour so nothing other than colour remover or a bleach bath will get rid of the black. If ur hair is now frazzled then it might not be up to either, go to a reputable salon..i cant imagine why the last person thought foils was the answer.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Thanks hun, yeah think you might be right x

You need to go to a professional hairdresser,colour doesnt lift colour so nothing other than colour remover or a bleach bath will get rid of the black. If ur hair is now frazzled then it might not be up to either, go to a reputable salon..i cant imagine why the last person thought foils was the answer.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I'm with you!

Can't you have black extensions to match your hair?

Thanks Viva, didn't want to have full head of black again, in tanned in the summer and it looks a little harsh. Went to see another salon last night and just going to have a good cut.

Will just have my extensions fitted 2/3 colour 2 that I wanted and 1/3 colour 1b to blend with the dark that is remaining........should work fairly well. Then in 3-4 months when my hair has recovered a little will have a gentle cleanse and try again.

Thanks Viva, didn't want to have full head of black again, in tanned in the summer and it looks a little harsh. Went to see another salon last night and just going to have a good cut.

Will just have my extensions fitted 2/3 colour 2 that I wanted and 1/3 colour 1b to blend with the dark that is remaining........should work fairly well. Then in 3-4 months when my hair has recovered a little will have a gentle cleanse and try again.

Surely if you have coloured it and damaged your hair recently, the salon you went to for your extension consultation should have advised you not to have the extensions fitted until your hair is in a better condition? Extensions kill natural hair let alone what they do to hair that is coloured and damaged?

I'm sure they can blend them together. I had near enough black hair when I had extensions and they blended 3 colours in the bonds

thank Blue rinse, im a extension technician myself so know the risks very well, I only have 3-4'' of damage which is being cut prior to the fitting, the rest of the hair has only had 2 chemical procedures in last 7 months so its in fairly good condition. I've never had issues with Extensions killing natural hair.

Yeah will all come out ok in the end Viva...was just trying every option prior to settling with brown black blend, nevamind sure it will be lush when its done! Soo pleased to have long hair again, its only been 2 weeks without but cant stand it LOL

Latest posts

Back