Black French

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charshaun

Reaction score
The first 2 pictures are of my nail biting client who came back for a re-balance, 2nd one, originally was pink and white. My client is quite difficult because she is a picker and tends to mouth her nails. I was gob-smacked when she came back with full set on. 3rd and 4th pictures are of my nail biting neice who has the tiniest nails ever and hardly any free edge. Wonder how long these will last.

Used Bio overlay so pink coverage could be better as I am finding out but overall I like the look and it seems to be attracting a lot of interest.

Critiques please

Charlotte

Attachments

• claire1.JPG
    claire1.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 219
  • claire2.JPG
    claire2.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 168
  • rhianne3.JPG
    rhianne3.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 211
  • rhianne 1.JPG
    rhianne 1.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 151
They look fab, I love a black french on myself! :)

wow honey they look so good ...wish i could do that xx :lol:

Wow those look great!! I did this for my daughter when she went to prom except on her toes and used glitter. All the girls went wild over it!!!

they look great. I done a black french with a silvery shimmer last week.Also put silver star on each tip.:lol:

They're lovely! I can't wait to get some one who wants to try out black french! x

I think they look great.
I personally prefer for small nail beds to lengthen the coloured free edge a little more than you have, just to give it a more balanced look, especially when you have elongated the nail bed so beautifully.

i dont do bio but am soon going on the calgel course how did you do the work it looks really nice

Hi Donna thanks for your comments do you mean make the black a bit deeper? I was trying to get the effect of 2/3 nail bed 1/3rd tip cos thats how I have been taught in the past. Do you prefer 1/2 and 1/2. Wasn't sure if this would be a bit much. I dont think the angle of the photos helps either but I did follow the natural smile line once tips had been applied. I need to get some bits for artwork as well cos I did think a nice little white flower would have looked great on each finger or jewell. Not really got into artwork yet cos I personally am not that keen but dont mind some subtle adornments.

Charlotte

Hi Joolz just applied natural tips and blended in usual way, Calgel application may be different to Bio but built up layers for apex etc. Applied 1 thin layer of pink, then 3 thin layers of black and finished with sgel cured for 4 mins to give high shine finish. I had to do 3 layers of black because 2nd layer still looked a bit patchy and dark green.

From what I can gather calgel is nice to work with aswell so think you will really enjoy your course.

charlotte

Hi Joolz just applied natural tips and blended in usual way, Calgel application may be different to Bio but built up layers for apex etc. Applied 1 thin layer of pink, then 3 thin layers of black and finished with sgel cured for 4 mins to give high shine finish. I had to do 3 layers of black because 2nd layer still looked a bit patchy and dark green.

From what I can gather calgel is nice to work with aswell so think you will really enjoy your course.

charlotte
thanks for that i hope i will

Latest posts

Back