BLACK hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouser88

Reaction score
I have endless amounts of clients who use box die and its black but want to go either natual again or red.is there any 'easy' ways to strip hair as i tend to suggest a full head of highlights a couple of times but this proves to costly for people and too damaging? any suggestions?

I have endless amounts of clients who use box die and its black but want to go either natual again or red.is there any 'easy' ways to strip hair as i tend to suggest a full head of highlights a couple of times but this proves to costly for people and too damaging? any suggestions?

If it lifts easily with test pieces ... then you could try a mild bleach shampoo mix starting on the darker parts first .

not really, no easy way or that won't deter the condition
it is a colour correction job, and i actually look forward to them for the ££££££'s..
i'm afraid they cant have a colour correction cheap. and why should they??
its your hard work and expertise.

answer to your question,
depending on how much colour i want to lift off i normally use a colour remover,
or good old bleach bath xx

I've used Affinage's colour remover, you'll have to hunt around for it as only some wholesalers stock Affinage, it was excellant, quite a lengthy process, but it left the hair in brilliant condition.

Make sure when you re-apply colour you go for 1 shade lighter as the hair is very porous after the application and sucks in the colour, but it does fade over 4-6 weeks. If you do use it warn the client of this and re book them for 4-5 weeks later then the results stay perfect.:Look_left

Latest posts

Back