Black nail!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberley

Reaction score
Hey,

When i was infilling my nails i relised that underneath some of them, my natrual nail is dark. I removed all of the acrylic and had a proper look. After the free edge the nail is fine. Not all of my nails are like this. I have to wear dark nail vanish because you can see the darkness through the acrylic. What do i do?

Has anyone got any ideas what this could be or how to get rid of it?
I think my nails are getting better, but im really not sure.
Ive worn acrylic nails for about 2 years. 1 year a shop did them, the other year ive been doing them myself.

Please help :cry: I looked in my book about diseases and infections but nothing really relates to what i have.:cry:

Thankyou

do you mean the dark bit is on the tip of your natural nail or on the nail plate. could be a bruise or could be the later stages of a bacterial infection but i recon thats unlikely coz you would probably spotted it before when it was green. how many fingers is it on ?

Hey Kimberly

Take a look at the thread 'professional' suggestion in Chit Chat. See what you think

Marian :)

I dont quite understand? I am training.....

angel fingers said:
do you mean the dark bit is on the tip of your natural nail or on the nail plate. could be a bruise or could be the later stages of a bacterial infection but i recon thats unlikely coz you would probably spotted it before when it was green. how many fingers is it on ?
Yeah i was thinking the same,about a bruise. i think i would of noticed but im not really sure. Its on 2 fingers on my right hand thats rather bad, but it was on my thumb, but that seems to of dissapeared. I really dont know what it could be. Ive never had it before. It started on 2 of my fingers on my left hand but its only on the left sides, and is very little compared to the other to fingers on my right hand. Im really confused, theres no pain when i touch it.
Thankyou for your replyxxxx

if its on both hands then its more likely to be an infection, how long have you noticed it for and has it become progressively darker, did it seem greenish before it turned black ?

Hi hun first of all dont panic I think it is best for you to remove the acrylic and perhaps if you are worried visit the doctor it is hard to say without seeing a picture of it but perhaps if you could post one we could have a look, prob coulnt give you a definate diagnosis though as not really supposed to do the doctors job lol. I doubt it is bruising if it is apparant on quite a few nails, is the staining still apparant with the acrylic removed now? Does it have a brownish tinge? It does also sound to me as though it could be a nail bacterial infection this can happen if the nails lift or the acrylic was applied too wet and there may be air pockets etc which have trapped moisture, pocket lifting. Think there is a write up about this somewhere on one of Sams threads. The best thing you can do if it is a bacterial infection is treat it with scrub fresh or a nail sanitiser to kill the infection however the staining can still be apparant which is what the bacteria produces think Sam called it bacteria pooh lol sounds groce hey but it isnt uncommon in people who have had lifting etc and as you are still practicing - studying you may have applied the acrylic too wet?? Not sure the best thing would be to show your tutor too and get some advise as you may come across this with clients that dont look after their nails properly or do not stick to your home care advice when you begin working on them. Dont worry though have a read on the posts I think geeg wrote about nail infections, do a search for the posts, they should give you some answers.

xx

Thankyou for your replys, i think it might be putting it on to wet, and lifting. Thanks again xxx

Latest posts

Back