Black pores after spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone...

Im just wondering if this is normal...
After a spray tan and for the whole duration my tan stays on, in my cleavage, tops of shoulders and some of my back has really black pores.
I can squeeze the black out as if its a spot but im just wondering if this is normal?

Thanks x

Hi Chelle,
What i know is that is your lotion has moisturisor in it (sorry english is not my main language ;-)) the pores will be glogged. Now i use a mosturisefree tanning lotion and the pores stay clean... I am using a German Lotion called Glam Tan, maybe you can search for some lotion without moisturisor in it...
Greetings Sabine

Its been 2 years since this post, so has anybody found anything to avoid this? :)

Hi
I only had this problem when starting out with a cheaper brand.
Now I use Xen tan and never see this x

Where do you buy your solution from? x

Most of the sunless tanning agents work through a chemical process where DHA through the Malliard reaction reacts with keratin in the corneum stratum. One of the reasons that knees, elbows and other heavily keratinized stain darker. Based on this I started using a keratinolytic/emollient a week before I applied a tanner. I use lachydrin in areas that tended to give me problems (mostly I had a problem with my legs). CAUTION-I would not use a keratinytic at the time I apply a tanner. The reason for this is that most (like lachydrin) have a low pH and lower skin pH intensify the effect of DHA on the skin. You may think that sounds great. But there is medical evidence that higher levels of DHA can cause damage to the DNA in your skin cells and their are no clinical studies that I am of aware of, that provide evidence of safety/risk assessment of higher concentrations.
-S. Brown, MD

Latest posts

Back